Popped the question

Status
Not open for further replies.
My girlfriend and I have been dating 3 years now. Earlier this morning I asked her to marry me and she said Yes...Today is her birthday too so it is more special.

We have already been talking about it and have set the date for April 21st next year but I did not offically propose and give her an engagement ring until today.

Congratulations! Happy for you
smile.gif

Congrats! I would not have done it on her birthday however..it is nice to split up the special days. Thats like having your birthday on Christmas - all the gifts are combined! LOL!

Congratulations !

When I became engaged (many years ago)...my Dad said "Why should my son be better off (single)....than the rest of us married people".

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Congrats! I would not have done it on her birthday however..it is nice to split up the special days. Thats like having your birthday on Christmas - all the gifts are combined! LOL!

Maybe, but I'll bet he'll never be sleeping on the couch because he forgot the date!

Congratulations.

Quote:
Maybe, but I'll bet he'll never be sleeping on the couch because he forgot the date!

Congratulations.

There are other reasons to be sleeping on the couch though.

Congrats.

Last edited:
Well I figure I am off the hook for the rest of the year as far as birthday and Christmas presents go. What I have been doing is just giving her Christmas and birthday presents and putting them all under the tree. She picks out the gifts she wants to open herself on each day.

She is definitely a good one, puts up with my automotive OCD and my other quirks, we get along great and we think a lot alike. My daughter really likes her and they both get along great too, which is very important to me. Both of us have been married before, I was married almost 14 years until my wife died in 2004. She was married for 10 years and lost her husband in 2003. Both died of cancer. And being that we are both in our late 40's we really have been in no real rush to the altar but we are excited and happy to finally be tying the knot and making it official.

Thanks again everyone.

Originally Posted By: Jimmy9190
Well I figure I am off the hook for the rest of the year as far as birthday and Christmas presents go. What I have been doing is just giving her Christmas and birthday presents and putting them all under the tree. She picks out the gifts she wants to open herself on each day.

She is definitely a good one, puts up with my automotive OCD and my other quirks, we get along great and we think a lot alike. My daughter really likes her and they both get along great too, which is very important to me. Both of us have been married before, I was married almost 14 years until my wife died in 2004. She was married for 10 years and lost her husband in 2003. Both died of cancer. And being that we are both in our late 40's we really have been in no real rush to the altar but we are excited and happy to finally be tying the knot and making it official.

Thanks again everyone.

Sounds like fate to me. congrats and the best of luck to all of you .

I remember 20 years ago I didn't want to get married but my wife did so we compromised and got married in March. I am a terrible negotiator.

Originally Posted By: Radman
I remember 20 years ago I didn't want to get married but my wife did so we compromised and got married in March. I am a terrible negotiator.

LOL!! Same with me, except we got married Nov 26th 12yrs ago. It's been nothing but bliss ever since..
09.gif

Thanks again, we are very happy about it. Now we just have to get through the stress of the wedding itself. It will be a very low-key wedding/family get together with an outdoor wedding by the lake and the reception at a restored 1920's train station.

The length of the marriage is inversely proportional to the size of the wedding. (ancient advice, ha ha)

More seriously, when you marry, agree to never fight about money. That one thing will ensure you have a fighting chance at success.

Most don't understand that food and shelter are the only basic requirements for life. Everything else is a luxury. Don't argue over luxuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back