Poor Customer Service.

I purchased some running boards from Real Truck / Running Board Warehouse back in May. Two weeks after I installed them the rubber step pad on them shrank so it was no longer covering the board end to end. My first contact with customer service (CS) was “disassemble the step and re center the pad”. That wasn’t possible so I contacted CS again “We’ll send you new ones”. I received the rubber step pads and after disassembling and fighting with the pad installation for two hours I decided they weren’t going to fit and I was done repairing parts that were defective. Since then CS has ignored my email and when I call “only so-and-so can handle that and she’s not here, I’m sorry but I am not authorized to help with that”. The CS agents that answered the phone did acknowledge that all of my email and phone contacts are in the system. I’ve since found that they have almost 200 BBB claims against them for the same thing. At this point I have given up on getting any help but I still send a weekly email that has turned into a sort of blog detailing their lack of service and my frustration.
Do not buy anything for Real Truck or any of their speciality websites, their CS is terrible.

It seems to be a common occurance. I believe with people working from home, business cannot be as effective and being stressed out, good customer service I find is getting hard to find these days. I could be wrong but I am noticing poor customer service repeatedly.

I tried buying a tonneau cover from them. Took my money then nothing for 2 weeks, figured things would be delayed due to stay at home orders and everything. Sent a customer service email asking for an update or my money back if it was going to take forever and waited another week, still nothing. Bombed their survey they sent me and started a chargeback, only then did I get a shipping notification. Reading some reviews it seemed that was a common occurrence. I’ll never do business with them again.

I get it, everything went crazy... a simple email or anything saying “hey, it’s going to be a awhile. We’re trying our best please just bear with us! We’ll get your order out in XX days!” would have been more than sufficient.

It seems to be a common occurance. I believe with people working from home, business cannot be as effective and being stressed out, good customer service I find is getting hard to find these days. I could be wrong but I am noticing poor customer service repeatedly.

Companies are using the current situation to justify poor service. There is no reason why a CSR has to be in an office. A phone and computer is all they need.

You might want to contact your credit card company and start a dispute with Real Truck. If I were to guess, the parts are imported.
I hadn’t thought of that. Thank you for the tip.
I would also bet they were imported. They were also their own brand so I can’t go directly to the manufacturer.

About 2 weeks ago I was contacted by customer service again asking me to explain the situation again. I replied immediately and sent 2 more messages with no further response on their part.

Back