Police Ford Explorer auxiliary tail light

Looking to find a vendor for auxiliary tail lights similar to those found in police cars, specifically the Explorer. These lights are on either side of the license plate and are vertically oriented, maybe 4 inches tall and an inch wide, and emit a very bright red LED signal you can see from a mile away when the brake pedal is engaged. Subaru has a F1 style taillight that is a single apparatus situated where you would expect the trailer hitch receiver is located (middle) but my v=car is a VW Golf Sportwagen, and thos auxilairy tailights that attach to a trailer hitch are weak.

There's a company called Tomar that specializes in lighting, and I know they have lights for vehicles. Worth checking ... it's probably just 2 - 3 clicks for an answer.

Can you elaborate on the ones you're trying to replicate? Police orders can be an odd animal. I have some experience ordering police vehicles but can only speak to my department a little north of NYC. NY State Police are the ones who control the bid spec which becomes a state contract and open to orders from NY munies. Most years my job did NOT order from the NYS contract and we had a private contractor do all our lettering, lighting, and basic install of radio equipment supplied by us.

Can you elaborate on the ones you're trying to replicate? Police orders can be an odd animal. I have some experience ordering police vehicles but can only speak to my department a little north of NYC. NY State Police are the ones who control the bid spec which becomes a state contract and open to orders from NY munies. Most years my job did NOT order from the NYS contract and we had a private contractor do all our lettering, lighting, and basic install of radio equipment supplied by us.
My very first job was at a contractor, we did Tablets and Phones for NYPD
I was at their Central shop, watching them back (then brand new) '15-'16 Taurus P.I, Fusion Hybrids, and undercover SHO's (mechanically a SHO, aesthetically an SE) off the transport truck
They didn't even wait to peel the plastic off, a crew of guys descended upon it with wiring harnesses and a hole punch drill in hand, right into the trunk lid 😭

The locking mount for the ToughBook, just drill it in the floor, no cares given as to what you drilled into 😳

I couldn't watch, I like cars too much 😔

Back