Polaris 0-40 options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a 06' Military model 700 sportsman, and it's time to do the dreaded deed of oilchange and tranny/diff lube change.

The Manual stipulates that the Polaris lubes be used,of course,
and I wonder every time I Pay 15 bucks a quart if there aren't other options.

Has anybody found an alternative?

EDIT: NOOB didn't notice the Power sports forum...which explains why my search came up empty here.Sorry gang.

Thanks!

Last edited:
There are several options. Any HDEO 15w40 will work well in the summer (Rotella, Delo, Supertech, etc.). Shell has stated that the entire line of Rotella products are not friction modified. So, you can run essentially any of the Rotella oils. For instance, I am running the synthetic blend T5 10w30 in my 2012 400X. I have almost 10 hours on it with no issues. You could go full synthetic since you are in Michigan and use T6 5w40. Your oil selection will be determined by whether or not you have a wet clutch. If so you want to stay away from friction modified oils. If you don't have a wet clutch run essentially whatever you want.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Amsoil AFF 0W-40 is direct replacement for less money.

Amsoil AFF 0W-40

That will show retail price. PC price is $8.50.

This is exactly what I put in my Polaris Sportsman 700. Great stuff.
thumbsup2.gif

This holds the 0w-40 grade. If you look up the VOA on the Polaris, it's more like a 20w-50.

Thanks again Pablo.

The thing gets thrashed hard as a Farm impliment all year round, and have changed Polaris oil after just a couple weeks, more than once in the summer/ harvest season.

Amsoil at 8.50 is a lot more realistic.

All the best to ya!!

I'm using Mobil 1 5W-40 in my Polaris. It's a very robust oil, with plenty of ZDDP for camshaft protection. It's also commonly available at auto parts stores.

Most people I know use Shell Rotella 15W-40 or 5W-40 in their ATV's. All the oil's mentioned above would be great.

I use the Rotella and Delo 15W-40 and they work great.

I have Rotella 5w40 synthetic HDEO oil in my Polaris It was used a ton all fall and winter during Hunting season never a problem. It would sit out all night in the cold start with no problem. There are times it idles a real long time. Other times the bike is weighed down over the weight limit never a problem. I use it with out ever worryong about it. The Sportsman is a 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back