Plumber Suing Dealership After ISIS Uses His Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: blupupher
Originally Posted By: Tdbo
I read this and I feel for him.
However, if he is stupid to believe some numnutz who said they would remove it without getting it in writing , he deserves what he gets,
This is very similar to a situation that happened in the school district that I just retired from. The blowback was phenomenal.

I don't think he got what he deserved, but it is not totally the dealers fault (unless it was in writing that they would do it).
If it was in the paperwork that they would remove it, then sure, let him sue, I am sure he has had some business loss and no question on the harassment he has had (from some really stupid people I am sure).
If there is noting in writing, much less of a let so stand on for him winning the suit, even though he still has the problems from it.

That's why he should have:

A) removed it personally right there on the lot.
B) Made arrangements to have the new vehicle delivered the next day and removed the signage off premises.
or:
C) Supervise the removal of the signage by dealership personnel before surrendering the vehicle.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Who would be stupid enough to call this company thinking they are supporting terrorists and threaten them?

There are a lot of idiots in the world that have zero common sense of what they see or hear. Obviously, if his company keep getting death treat phone calls, that pretty much proves it.

I'm betting he will win the lawsuit. The dealership will probably settle out of court.

I wonder why he didn't remove his personal sign before even taking it to the dealership to trade it in? Wouldn't it be more valuable as a trade in without some home grown personal sign on it?

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
That's crazy.

Like a "simple" oil change, if you want the job done right (ie removing decals), do it yourself.

Who would be stupid enough to call a company thinking they are supporting terrorists and threaten them?

The article said the plumber got calls from the FBI and HS.

While the FBI knows what they are doing I have little confidence in HS.

B) Made arrangements to have the new vehicle delivered the next day and removed the signage off premises.
or:
C) Supervise the removal of the signage by dealership personnel before surrendering the vehicle.

The dealer insisted on them taking off the decals so that the paint wouldn't get scratched...

Unless it's in the sales contract that the buyer will remove company lettering after the purchase I would doubt the seller has much of a claim. If the buyer just mentioned it verbally then that will not mean too much. He can hope a drone takes out the pickup.

I can't imagine leaving on a personal logo after a sale. I would remove it myself, or have it in writing (like if I thought I would damage the paint removing it).

There are lots of bad situations besides this that I wouldn't want my logo on a vehicle not in my possession-like someone luring kids, driving dangerously, robbing banks, etc.

I'd love to know the path the truck took from an auction to there.

Originally Posted By: Wheel
I can't imagine leaving on a personal logo after a sale. I would remove it myself, or have it in writing (like if I thought I would damage the paint removing it).

There are lots of bad situations besides this that I wouldn't want my logo on a vehicle not in my possession-like someone luring kids, driving dangerously, robbing banks, etc.

You wouldn't believe the amount of motor vehicles that are purchased from auction and sent off to ports like Jeddah, SA. My corporate neighbors ship 400 cars to Jeddah a month, and they're a small drop in the bucket.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Wouldn't that be considered a tool of a Infidel, since its American Made? That's Funny that it showed up of all places.

Every car made on Earth is an "infidel tool" since they can't buy one made by fellow terrorists. They kill people because of their advanced way of life and how they live beyond the terrorist's pitiful sandbox. Making cars everyone can afford is one of those ways of life. Yet they use those "tools of the infidels" to do their dirty work. Quit the messed up "human beings".

Originally Posted By: Wheel

Couldn't you pen a "How is my driving?" followed by one of those phone numbers that charges $20 to connect, then continue driving dangerously and robbing banks, as you say? You could argue nobody was coerced to dial; they dialed voluntarily.

However, if he is stupid to believe some numnutz who said they would remove it without getting it in writing , he deserves what he gets,
This is very similar to a situation that happened in the school district that I just retired from. The blowback was phenomenal.

He deserves death threats and being terrorized because he assumed the dealer ship would honor their word and remove the logos? Do you really believe that . Being to trusting of someone's word is not reasonable grounds to deserve death threats for crying out loud. How cold have we become as s people to say things like that!

He should have personally removed the decals himself.

I honestly don't think he should win a suit unless it was specifically stated in the buy contract.

I wonder if they are putting a tune and delete on that 6.0 ?

Hopefully they will get a drone fired missile tune put on them.

I thought Toyota was the preferred truck of those scumbags?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bluestream

or:

The dealer insisted on them taking off the decals so that the paint wouldn't get scratched...

And they did such a good job of that.
Before he signed his name, paid the doofuses, surrendered his trade and left the lot, he should have made sure that the name of his business was off his truck.
Because from then on they don't really give a (insert the expletive of your choice.) They got what they wanted, all they care about, and if they perform a service, it is purely by accident. At that point they are done with him, until the interval is reached that they repeat the dance again.
I have bought enough new cars that if I were in that situation it would have gotten done in front of me and NO would not have been an option. Either that, or I would have left with my old truck and left them without a sale.
There is no shortage of Ford dealers. He should have found another.

Those kind of letters are hard to remove completely. Usually there will be traces of adhesive left on the vehicle underneath where each letter was. That picks up dust and the message reappears.

Anyone who thinks that the previous owner had any control over where the truck is now, or even wanted it to be there, is an outright idiot. Welcome to America.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ram_man

He deserves death threats and being terrorized because he assumed the dealer ship would honor their word and remove the logos? Do you really believe that . Being to trusting of someone's word is not reasonable grounds to deserve death threats for crying out loud. How cold have we become as s people to say things like that!

Do you actually read responses before you answer?
Saying "I feel for him" means that I feel sorry for him.
Of course, he should not be subject to death threats because of this. That is a given.
However, he did create this situation through his actions.
He has a business.
When one has a business, it is incumbent upon them to protect the reputation of that business.
Transferring a clearly identified vehicle to what is apparently an incredibly incompetent lackey is not a prudent step to take if one wants to defend the name of his business.
He should have made sure that it was done before he relinquished the vehicle. Either he did it himself, an employee of the dealership did it in his presence, or he made arrangements himself for it to be done and take delivery of the new vehicle at a later time.
The damage is done now. What can he do? Change the name of his business and his phone numbers and allow sufficient time for things to subside, may be his only option.
If it were me and they wanted to take the lettering off themselves and refused to do it in my presence, it would have been deal off, go find another Ford dealer, buy a Chevy, GMC, RAM or whatever, somewhere where people can make the proper things happen.
RATIONALE: My livelyhood (business) is too important for them to screw up the reputation of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back