Please suggest a VW transmission fluid

What does VW say to use? :unsure:
In the manual that was written over a decade ago, they stated to use OEM fluid (they often say that about oil and oil filters, too, but we all know that's a bit much). We all know that VW doesn't manufacture fluid, so it's fair to ask if the information written in a 10 year old book is still accurate given the fact that fluid technology has changed/improved over the years.

I also can't help but think that many of the dealerships just badge engineer stuff and therefore charge a premium price because of the extra steps they have to take.

In the manual that was written over a decade ago, they stated to use OEM fluid (they often say that about oil and oil filters, too, but we all know that's a bit much). We all know that VW doesn't manufacture fluid, so it's fair to ask if the information written in a 10 year old book is still accurate given the fact that fluid technology has changed/improved over the years.

I also can't help but think that many of the dealerships just badge engineer stuff and therefore charge a premium price because of the extra steps they have to take.

Yes, VW will say to use OEM, but will have a spec number next to it. Usually the letter G followed by a bunch of numbers

'The letter G followed by a bunch of numbers' is a part number for a fluid
like 'G 052 527' and 'G 060 175', followed by A1, A2 etc (just the size of
the container). The corresponding 'specs' are 'TL 525 27' and 'TL 601 75'.

DMF, because I'm a normie.
BTW, the Redline MT-LV has been in for a few hundred miles now. I might like it less than the old, used OEM fluid. Initially, the MT-LV shifting into 2nd would go "pause, clunk" into gear. It was slower than OEM, but at least "solid". Now it goes "pause (a little shorter) clunk-clunk". like there's a double click or "shift lever hits two things" when it goes into gear. Still slower than used OEM fluid, which went into gear with no pause but more of a "crunch" instead. (hits lots of little things)

Back