Please Read: BITOG forums migrating to Xenforo

is anyone seeing odd symbols in some of the posts/threads?

....sorry if already mentioned.
Are you seeing it in older posts, created in previous UBB forum? If so, it looks like formatting/character set issue that did not migrate over nicely.

I've also noticed quotes in old posts don't show correctly.

If you see character set problems, please let me know

Here is one example of a thread title with some "noise" in it.

How come every vehicle’s MPG computer is off?

It seems to have reverted to an old email address I used wayyyyyyy back in 2008 when I originally registered. I have the email verification from 2013 when I updated it. Thankfully, I still have access to the original email address.

If you see character set problems, please let me know
"Old" PMs, sent during UBB, look real bad. It looks like all or most HTML code was replaced by the text it used behind the scenes. I see CSS code, IMG references, regular HTML ('br', etc). Not too concerned about it myself, but in case you're interested in looking at things.... 🤷‍♂️

got a status time yet on avatars we had? I know you guys are inundated with stuff and it will take some time but am just curious.

Thanks

got a status time yet on avatars we had? I know you guys are inundated with stuff and it will take some time but am just curious.

Thanks
Going full tilt with getting everyone logged in because of the mandatory password change. I'll get to it ASAP

So how do I create a new account and keep my old user name? I tried to use my old user name and it said it was already in use. I tried to use my email and they say no email registered. So I registered a new user name.

is that the way it's suppose to work?

So how do I create a new account and keep my old user name? I tried to use my old user name and it said it was already in use. I tried to use my email and they say no email registered. So I registered a new user name.

is that the way it's suppose to work?
PM me your old username and I'll switch you..

Thanks for the hard work Wayne and team!

My only request would be that recent topics (Latest Threads) be moved back to the left like it was prior (might have already been mentioned elsewhere, not sure). Other than that, I like!

Last edited:
My only request would be that recent topics (Latest Threads) be moved back to the left like it was prior (might have already been mentioned elsewhere, not sure).
In XF by default the sidebar is on the right. We're going to leave it there, as to not customize.

Thanks for the hard work Wayne and team!

My only request would be that recent topics (Latest Threads) be moved back to the left like it was prior (might have already been mentioned elsewhere, not sure). Other than that, I like!

Yeah, I agree but from the response its not going to happen.
Not sure why its on the right but guess we will have to get used to it, just seems a little backwards in time.
Many use newer monitors of 27 inches or more. Sitting directly in front of the monitor puts the forum to the left of your desk top. A bit un-natural with the less used column on the right.
Also compared with traditional (which is almost everything) websites, the "menu" is always on the left (including all shopping sites) and content on the right.

Back