Please Offer Your Opinions

I'd go with Mobil 1 simply because it's been tested extensively in longer drain applications.

In your shoes, I would run the M1EP simply because of good experience with the product. Valvoline is a very close 2nd choice. All three of these oils will serve you fine.

Thanks for all of the opinions, folks. I am currently running Valvoline EP and I had recently purchased Castrol GTX Full Synthetic for the next OCI, but my wife's Altima is due for a change and I still have about 3,000 miles left, so I am going to use the Castrol in her ride and I have just purchased Mobil 1 EP for my truck. Thanks again!

To quote Tom Magliozzi"If you don't think too good. Don't think too much" I'll spend the money on whatevr oil meets specs and change it whenever the car tells me to. I ran STP 0W20 out to 10 k and the OEM filter to 20K. The oil was dark and very slippery. The filter was dark and brittle. Then I started hearing horror stories about low tension rings and oil burning. So back to following the OLM which works out to about 5k miles/6 months pretty much. At that OCI the oil comes back a just a little darker than it went in.I don't care about squeezing the last mile out of the oil. I'm more concerned with the Camrys' rings lasting another 15 yrs. 🍿

they are ALL mostly fake synthetic group III oils but mobil may be a bit better + unless you do a LOT of highway driving + little local especially in colder months a 5,000 mile oil + filter is just SMART IMO!!. i went 10 thou on my 01 jetta 1.8T doing 500 to a thou weekly but after retiring it was 5 thou or a year using a REAL synthetic!!

they are ALL mostly fake synthetic group III oils but mobil may be a bit better + unless you do a LOT of highway driving + little local especially in colder months a 5,000 mile oil + filter is just SMART IMO!!. i went 10 thou on my 01 jetta 1.8T doing 500 to a thou weekly but after retiring it was 5 thou or a year using a REAL synthetic!!
What’s a fake synthetic

Can he inform me if redline is a true synthetic? I must just be a peasant since I ordered 5w40 VPBE
*Best Blayne Lastman voice*

NOBODY DOES REAL SYNTHETICS LIKE REDLINE! NOOOOOOBODY!!!! :ROFLMAO:

Benjy Redline.jpg

My opinion/preference in order based on your options:

1. Mobil 1 EP
2. Valvoline
3 Castrol

If you're open to another choice - Supertech Advanced Full Syn

Back