Please answer me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have some questions and I hope someone answer them:

1- What is the different between semi synthitec , blend synthitec and synthitec oil? what is the best?

2-What is the most important physical characteristics for engine oils like index viscosity to make comparison?

3-If you have 2 oils the first one non-synthitec oil , index viscosity 137 and the second one is synthitec , index viscosity 131. what will you choose? the same thing for semi synthitec and fully synthitec?

4-Can any one provide to me a datasheet for ACDelco engine oil synthitec blend 5w-30 (part number 19286244) and ACDelco engine oil 5w-30 100% synthitec superme (I think part number is 88901000)?

5- Is it necessary to choose SN, SM or SL engine oil?

6-You have 2 oils the first one SL, index viscosity 175 and the second one is SN, index viscosity 162. what will you choose?

You should not discriminate betwixt oil based solely on VI without knowing the application. E.G: VI is not an issue in most racing and HP street installs - HTHS and the DP formulation would be a primary concern. What is your RPM load and sump temperature peak and LTaverage.

I would pay no attention to API for gasoline automotive engines, just ILSAC and ACEA.

Last edited:
1. With a modern API SN/ISLAC GF-5 formulated oil. Not much is different between the 3.

2. What is the application?

3. What is the application?

4. Good luck on the data sheet you would either have to comb thru GM's Technical Data Sheets or Exxon Mobil's. Also you are in Asia your best bet is to data mine GM's data base.

5. What is the application?

6. What is the application?

Originally Posted By: ITTI
what is the best?

The 'best' varies by application. Start with your owner's manual and determine what the engine manufacturer's requirements are - what are the specific specs that are called for. That should help narrow down your oil selection.

Hint: "synthetic" is not a performance spec. "viscosity index" is not a performance spec.

I read every day about viscosity index if you have 2 oil the higher viscosity index is the better
that mean you can drive more miles i.e vi for the first oil is 140 and the second one vi is 130 that mean the first one is better
and to choose the best oil first choose the correct SAE like 5w30 after that the highest viscosity index

for 3 months until know I looked for datasheet I do not find it

this is what I know

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ITTI
I read every day about viscosity index if you have 2 oil the higher viscosity index is the better
that mean you can drive more miles i.e vi for the first oil is 140 and the second one vi is 130 that mean the first one is better
and to choose the best oil first choose the correct SAE like 5w30 after that the highest viscosity index

this is what I know

Viscosity index is a measurement of how much or how little the viscosity changes with temperature. So from a practical perspective, viscosity index really only matters during the period of time in which your engine is warming up. Once your engine reaches operating temperature, there is no practical reason for a high viscosity index oil.

For this reason, oils with a high viscosity index are most beneficial for people who do a lot of short trips, whose engines spend more time warming up than they do fully warm.

On the other hand, for vehicles like police cars and taxi cabs, and cars that see a lot of highway miles, viscosity index is much less important.

This is why your driving habits matter when choosing a motor oil.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back