plastic pieces fell into pan

So, the parts came in today, actually 40 minutes ago, installed the new dipstick tube, and everything including the o-ring.

Really tiny pieces, like 2 or 3 did fall into the opening, I don't think this is an issue, because the mesh screen of the oil pickup tube will block it off, or the trusty fram ultra will hold the german made plastic.

I hope my engine doesn't blow up!

That's exactly what the screen and oil filter is designed for. If it dropped right into the bottom of the crankcase / oil pan, I wouldn't sweat it.

Last year I lost a 3/8” x 2” piece of clear tubing inside my front differential - figured that little bit of extra plastic made the gear oil a 75W100 😷
I lost the pointy cap of a gear oil bottle in a TTB front diff decades ago. Years later I was into it and that cap had just wedged itself in the inside diameter of the ring gear, against the carrier.

even mk6 2.0's?
I don't understand your question with regards to my statement.

The plastic won't float out with an oil change, nor will it hurt anything. It'll just happily sit there in the oil pan until the pan comes off for another reason.

I don't think you'll find any intermediate shaft bearing pieces in your pan. AFAIK that's unique to the earlier 8V engines. More than once I've had the oil pan off an old 8V and seen pieces of babbitt in there - most commonly from the front bearing of the intermediate shaft. First sign is a bad seal behind the pulley.

So, the parts came in today, actually 40 minutes ago, installed the new dipstick tube, and everything including the o-ring.

Really tiny pieces, like 2 or 3 did fall into the opening, I don't think this is an issue, because the mesh screen of the oil pickup tube will block it off, or the trusty fram ultra will hold the german made plastic.

I hope my engine doesn't blow up!
It most likely won't harm anything and possibly when you change the oil the pieces will come out.

Back