Plastic Car Ramps Question

I’ve got 2 sets of Rhino car ramps and probably for the first time ever I need/want to jack a car up on all 4 wheels to do some service beneath.

I’ve also got jack stands - but thought, perhaps I can just drive the car up on all 4 ramps. Honda CR-V, probably 3,500 lbs total.

The engineer in me says OK, my gut says bad idea. My wife says take it to a mechanic with a lift.

Want to try a transmission oil change, it’s a CVT transmission.

Good idea - bad idea?

Any sage advice is much appreciated!

I have four HD Rhino ramps for the very purpose you describe. I park my truck on them that weighs 9,800 pounds, the Durango, and Charger. My buddy's lift is a whole lot better, but I can get in and out easily while on the ramps.

I’ve got 2 sets of Rhino car ramps and probably for the first time ever I need/want to jack a car up on all 4 wheels to do some service beneath.

I’ve also got jack stands - but thought, perhaps I can just drive the car up on all 4 ramps. Honda CR-V, probably 3,500 lbs total.

The engineer in me says OK, my gut says bad idea. My wife says take it to a mechanic with a lift.

Good idea - bad idea?

why not do it, then place the two jack stands under the front axel 'just in case' position.

I have a label on the side of my pitsburg ramps. 6500 lbs EACH. 13,000 lbs per pair. Obviously you don't want to push rating, but if yours are like mine your car could be supported totally by just one of them.

I have to use 4 ramps to change the oil in my daughters Kia Soul, some brilliant engineer put the drain plug in the front of the oil pan, drive up on the front and jack the rear up and slide the other ramps under the rear wheels. :(

I have to use 4 ramps to change the oil in my daughters Kia Soul, some brilliant engineer put the drain plug in the front of the oil pan, drive up on the front and jack the rear up and slide the other ramps under the rear wheels. :(

This. The Rhino's are fine for a CRV. I needed a pair for a 08 BMW oil changes. They are good ramps for a decent price.

Good idea - bad idea?

This G probably weighs more than the CR-V 🙂

So when I do transmission fluid changes and want the car level, I just drive my front tires onto some ramps and then use my center rear jackpoint to lift the rear. Once the rear is lifted, I place the back pinch welds onto some jack stands set to the proper height to keep the car level.

its pretty easy to put the front on ramps then jack the back up and put ramps under it if needed.

of course if you have a cherokee trailhawk you just drive up on all 4.

So when I do transmission fluid changes and want the car level, I just drive my front tires onto some ramps and then use my center rear jackpoint to lift the rear. Once the rear is lifted, I place the back pinch welds onto some jack stands set to the proper height to keep the car level.
You must have a front wheel drive car LOL

At least this guy's covered by his insurance since it's negligence and stupidity lol

but thought, perhaps I can just drive the car up on all 4 ramps.
There are times when I want to lift the rear of a car by placing ramps in front of the rear wheels and driving forward, but they wont fit under the body. Better check that before buying. No reason you can't ramp the front and jack stand the rear to accomplish what you want.

Back