Pittsburgh vs Daytona 3 ton floor jack

Anyone have any experience between the Daytona 3 ton low profile jack and the Pittsburgh 3 ton low profile jack from Harbor Freight? I recently bought the Pittsburgh for $120 but haven't used it yet and now the Daytona is on sale for $150 and wondering if it is worth having to return it and the $30 price difference. I will only be using it a couple times a year to rotate the tires on my HD truck or if anything else needs jacking, but that won't amount to much.

I have a Pittsburgh low profile 3T unit that works very well. I can't imagine the Daytona is markedly different, but the flashy paint job may be worth the extra $$.

I have the Pittsburgh version and I love it! From trucks to lower profile cars it works great for me!

GND1ug9.jpg

h5MtYu6.jpg

gOEuZPW.jpg

We have both available to use at work. I just grab the nearest one available. Both seem identical in quality and feel. I have the 3 ton low profile Daytona at home it does great. I want to get a regular one too that’s not low profile and probably will get whatever is one sale when I do. I do like that more colors are available on the Daytona because the way I see it is if I’m paying big money for it then I want the color to be the one I want. I’d keep the one you got it’s not worth loading it back up and these suckers are a lot heavier than they look.

I have the red Pittsburgh 3 Ton LP, no problems so far but not sure if it will last as long as the ~30 y/o jack it replaced.

The thing I'd spend more money on, is a higher lift height than its 19-7/8", which to be honest is enough, but I usually use 6 ton jack stands that have more range left in them than that, without even being on the highest notch.

I have a 4x6 block of wood that I can put in the saddle to get more lift, but on the other hand I didn't want something so heavy that I'd throw my back out carrying it around or putting in a trunk, and was too cheap to pay the extra for an all aluminum 3 ton. It just needed to be light *enough* and the 78lbs of the Pittsburgh was a good compromise.

Inflation! You could get that Pittsburgh 3T LP for $80 with a coupon, pre-Covid.

Last edited:
When we say Pittsburgh do we mean the blue sides, silver saddle "Racing" jack?

If so, that's what I have, the 2ton version... Happy overall, probably 6 years since I bought it. IIRC it was significantly lighter than the Daytona version. What I don't like is how quickly the "Release valve"? opens. It's like only 1/8th of a turn an BAM! wide open. Gotta admit I've slammed my truck down a bit hard a few times as a result.

FWIW; I also added the adjustable 3-6" riser and saddle from Pro-Eagle. Kinda steep, but allows me to easily lift my Tacoma from any point and makes me feel way more comfortable versus a block of wood.

I've had an older Pittsburgh 2 ton model for years that works OK. But it doesn't roll around very good, or lift very high. So just recently I bought the 4 ton Daytona model, it's in another class all together.

It put the whole rear end of my Jeep Grand Cherokee up in the air like it was made out of paper mache... And did it in just 3 pumps. I couldn't believe how easy it was.

It maneuvers and rolls around easy, and lifts plenty high enough. I think for the money you just can't beat the Daytona line of jacks from Harbor Freight.

Anyone have any experience between the Daytona 3 ton low profile jack and the Pittsburgh 3 ton low profile jack from Harbor Freight? I recently bought the Pittsburgh for $120 but haven't used it yet and now the Daytona is on sale for $150 and wondering if it is worth having to return it and the $30 price difference. I will only be using it a couple times a year to rotate the tires on my HD truck or if anything else needs jacking, but that won't amount to much.
Like everyone else has said, the Pittsburgh floor jack you bought will be fine for the usage you have. And it will probably last you many, many years besides replacing the jack oil every couple years. The daytona's are really, really well built, and yes if you put yours next to a daytona you'd see a difference but not enough to throw yours out. Save the money, probably later this year when inflation keeps going up you'll look at the price you paid and be thankful!

I will say that over the years Harbor Freight has increased their quality of their floor jacks. To a level that even the "basic" Pittsburgh is better than the competition..

Back