Pirelli CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON PLUS(first snow)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my first winter driving experience with these tires and very
smile.gif
. The reviews did state Pirelli P7 AS+ worked pretty well in wintery stuff.

I have a 2005 Subaru Legacy turbo wagon with 215/45/17's and tires are very predictable. On wintery roads with packed snow to 4" they tracked quite well, stopped well and offered lateral traction. Not snow tires but quite usable more importantly predictable.

We previously used ultra high performance all-seasons and they were always garbage including the Conti ExtremeContact DWS tires.

Thanks for the review, I am looking at both of the tires you mentioned for my Subie. Interesting to hear that the Pirelli P7 AS+ worked better than the Conti ExtremeContact DWS in the snow.

When I had Pirelli AS tires on my Saab (OE fit, think they were P5), I was satisfied. I still had snow tires, but I put them through some deep snowing steep terrain. I was happy.

Pirelli's a brand that I never have owned, but have heard few negative things about their premium aftermarket tires, ones like these P7s and like the Scorpion All Season Verde.

I don't have experience with Pirelli P7 AS+, but I had bad experience with Conti ExtremeContact DWS especially on wet surface. I would use DWS even if it's free.

I have the P7 but they are rated strictly summer tires here. They stick like crazy when the asphalt is hot and even...not very inspiring in wet conditions. Quiet as a mouse.

Originally Posted By: Andy636
I have the P7 but they are rated strictly summer tires here. They stick like crazy when the asphalt is hot and even...not very inspiring in wet conditions. Quiet as a mouse.

Agreed. Excellent on dry, not great on wet and my experience in snow was less than great. Guess it depends if any ice etc...

Originally Posted By: Rolla07

Agreed. Excellent on dry, not great on wet and my experience in snow was less than great. Guess it depends if any ice etc...

The wet is decent to me but maybe AWD masks the slipping in acceleration. I have not noticed it being that bad.

Is there ANY all-season that works on ice?

Those are different tires.

The summer tires. (UHP summer)
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=Cinturato+P7+%28W-+or+Y-Speed+Rated%29

The All Season tires
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=Cinturato+P7+All+Season+Plus

Last edited:
the summers are not UHP, but rather an ecotyre. I have them aswell and they're extremably good eco tyres but not UHP like a GY Eagle Assymetric2 is.

Excellent on the dry, good on the wet if it's warm enough but be mindful for aquaplaning. good in the cold if it's dry, reasonable if it's cold and wet. Last forever, and that's something for a Pirelli!

I tried them in slush last year, and they managed until I got to work and mounted the winters. Better than the GY Eagle GSD3 I used to have; they were utterly useless in snow.

I've got the Michelin crossclimate on now. So far no real winter conditions, but I did find they're more quiet than the P7 and better in the wet. Dry performance is at least on par, but economy might be a bit worse. But going from nearly worn P7 to full threaded CC it's to be expected. Will see after the cold season when the P7 come back on if it's only my imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back