pinging or timing chain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we well know, too much boost requires less ignition advance.
Otherwise, you'll get spark knock.
But we are back to ignition timing.
If the car knocks with the ignition cut off while driving, then it is not ignition timing.

Last edited:
It is not the timing chain if you only hear it on acceleration under load! Timing chain are the worst when you start the car up. They either go away as the oil pressure comes up and things heat up and expand of they stay their all the time. They are not load related though at all. I would try a piston soak. You might have some carbon deposits built up inside the combustion chambers...A piston soak with Mola-brew or Lube Control over night would probably take care of it. You can also try useing one grade higher octane and some fuel injector cleaner.

I like to use Redline SI-1 fuel injector cleaner...If it is bad like your car I would put the entire bottle in with a fresh fill up of one octane higher then normal fuel. Run that tank down to at least 1/4 of a tank so you get maximum cleaning effect. Now go back to your regular fuel and continue to use SI-1 at the lower dose maintenance levels for a while. After you get the junk out of the chambers and off the top of the pistons you can stop using the injector cleaner.

Originally Posted By: Tosh
Doofus in the video is just lugging the engine (revs too low). Keep searching!

I know but the sound is the exact same sound that my car does when accelerating slowly.

check this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVWDGyq8PQU

when the guy press the gas pedal at the exact same moment, you can hear a rattle. Its the same rattle I have.

When the windows are close in my car, I can hear the sound coming from the center of the car, just in the back of the radio. When they are open, I think I can hear the sound coming from under the car.

I'll buy myself a video camera if I cant find the problem lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back