Pine Sol Lemon review

bottle-lemon-fresh-28.png

At my farmhouse i have a 1950s gas oven with the removable inserts below the grates. We do alot of cooking and its always a pain to remove all of the baked on food that gets trapped on them. In the past ive used comet, castrol superclean, simple green, purple power and Totally Awesome along with all kinds of other stuff in the house to try to get all of the baked on stuff off.. i do it once a month and its always a chore. I almost never get it totally clean. Even with brillo pads and stiff bristle scrubbers. I dont use oven cleaner...i know that was the obvious answer but i cant stand the odor.

I bought a bottle of this stuff at Dollar General..never used it before and liked the smell. I was going to try it for countertops and surfaces. See if the label was honest in the 4X cleaning power. It was cheap so why not.

Honest review- this stuff got rid of the baked on stuff with ease.. like barely scrubbing. Nothing ive used so far has worked but this did. The other food stuffs that get on the stove top wiped off with ease.. I imagine that it will work better than the superclean and purple power

Ive cleaned this stove top for 10 years and this stuff has been the only one to cut thru like it did.

I did not cut it with water..just straight up. I will test it on rims and tires and road grime next time i need a cleaner.. i think its gonna do just fine.

PS. ive used regular pine sol and pinalen as cleaners too.. (i like the smell).. this stuff is stronger.

My cleaning people use that stuff. We supply all the products as per their request. I'll either leave the house or hide out in the basement while they do their thing. It smells like a pine forest after their done. I love that smell.

If it works, it's good.
If it doesn't work, it's not good.
Pine-Sol, Original Lysol, Listerine (on coworkers' breath), the smell of silicate cleaners (like milk stores use)....it's all good.
Consider the alternative. Poo and rot and grease and mildewy....eeewwww.

Orange scented cleaners in the NYC Subways was somehow ironic. There the silicate cleaners would be "fresher".

I love the smell of Pine Sol I guess it all smells similar. I haven’t used the lemon kind before. At work we get something in barrels for the floors sometimes it’s Purple Power sometimes it’s Mean Green the Mean Green smells just like Pine Sol and I love it. And Pine Sol works well.

Easy way to clean oven racks and burners. With straight ammonia and a plastic trash bag. Put parts in trash bag cover parts with ammonia. Leave covered over night or longer all the grime will wash off.

Lestoil is another of the old school tough cleaners. Once I soaked my new Enfield carb in it to get a subdued graying to match the other 50 year old military stuff. Anyway, it cleans really good. What I can't find anymore is the original sheep dip Lysol in the brown bottle. That stank but killed germs. When I was kid we used it as disinfectant on wounds on the pigs and cattle. 🤠 Oh, and when we made the boy piglets into woke piglets. :ROFLMAO:

I love the smell of Pine Sol I guess it all smells similar. I haven’t used the lemon kind before. At work we get something in barrels for the floors sometimes it’s Purple Power sometimes it’s Mean Green the Mean Green smells just like Pine Sol and I love it. And Pine Sol works well.
Mean green smells like spearmint mixed with licorace or something... its distinct.

without sounding too weirdo my favorite 'its gotta be clean' smell for my bathroom..that smells like its a 1950s hospital is Lestoil. Nothing smells like you could do surgery like it does. Its hard to find.

9ce8e5a2056b5b883ad7a237012335d4_a9bea98d-5e11-4cf6-a9f4-4a2162fe336f_1200x.jpg

Lestoil is another of the old school tough cleaners. Once I soaked my new Enfield carb in it to get a subdued graying to match the other 50 year old military stuff. Anyway, it cleans really good. What I can't find anymore is the original sheep dip Lysol in the brown bottle. That stank but killed germs. When I was kid we used it as disinfectant on wounds on the pigs and cattle. 🤠 Oh, and when we made the boy piglets into woke piglets. :ROFLMAO:

The old-school Lysol is available as Dettol. It made somewhat of a comeback in the early days of SARS-CoV-2.
Some Asian and Indian markets in my area stock it. EBay has it. Amazon does not.

The "straight" Lysol is still available. Heck, even Walmart has it. I believe it comes in 6 bottle "cases" so a fresh shipment doesn't take up much shelf space.
We do hot yoga and use real Lysol diluted 1:1 with water (obviously) to clean our mats. We actually have a stash!

We use Lysol to clean the cat's litter box (which is lined with one layer of garbage bag) biweekly.

Back when we started hot yoga I searched for Lysol and saw it was available in gallon jugs. I called Indianapolis (I think it was) and the rep said the gallons were special order and all but discontinued. I do not know if the gallon is still listed.

Back