Pictures from Iraq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,

These are just a few pictures I took while vacationing in Iraq. I have many more, but I just can't load them all. These "were" high resolution, but had to shrink them for quicker uploads. Hope you enjoy!

-

Apache flying overhead.

-

Loaded .50 cal on top of truck (with me behind it!)

-

Quick comparo of the different ammo we used. From left to right: 9mm (pistol), 5.56mm (M-16, M-4, M-249 SAW), 7.62mm (M-240B) and last .50 cal (M-2 machine gun) It's a bit hard to appreciate in this fuzzy picture, but I do have manly hands and it sort of gives you an idea of how big the .50 cal rounds are. In fact, just the bullet itself is bigger than a whole 5.56mm round. So powerful it is, that 1 round can cut someone in half. Even if you didn't get hit by it, it displaces so much air, that if a round flew by you close enough, it would rip your skin!
gr_eek2.gif

-

Little "Old Glory"...went with me every where!

-

My gun truck ready to go! This picture as well as most of those you see here were taken on my last mission.

-

Ready to depart FOB Remagen.

-

Looking down from the turret.

-

Me and the gang standing by!

-

Yeah, it rains in Iraq!

-

The obvious....me on top of an M1-A2 Abrams. Now, here is the interesting thing....this was at FOB Wilson, just outside Tikrit and only a couple of miles from where Saddam Hussein was captured. I didn't know it at the time, but the videos of an Army doctor looking in Saddam's hair and throat, which I'm sure the whole world has seen at least once, were taken here. Saddam was brought here immediately after his capture! Didn't find out about this until I was already gone!

-

Again, the last mission the 1058th Gun Truck Company ever did! It ceased to Exist on 1 Feb 06. From left to right, SSgt Lopez, SSgt Bechtol, SSgt Cassady, MSgt Lowery, A1C Carney, TSgt Allison (my suqad leader) and SSgt Remesal-Lopez (me)

Anyway....with a lot of praying and a lot of luck, I will get to do this job again! Very unlikely, but slightly possible. Besides doing foot patrols and other offensive operations, it didn't get any closer than this!

Pics dont work...

Thanks for emailing the videos, and more importantly...

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

V/r,

JMH

Thanks for sharing the pictures and as Al said, thanks for your service. Very proud of you and everyone that wears the uniform. G O D Bless.
patriot.gif

Movie star? Handsome? Hah....I wish I got that much love from my wife!
cool.gif

Thanks for the remarks, guys!

P,

I will send you more videos. I guess one by one, because for some reason anything over 5 megs keeps coming back.

If anyone else wants to see a couple of videos, let me know.

Oh.....one last thing....thank you all who remembered me and sent me that great care package!

Last_Z:

Thank You for serving our country
patriot.gif

We're glad you made it home safe to your family.

Please share more photos, videos or stories if you ever have the inclination.

*** Bless.

quote:

US home folks are really wanting the REAL news. We are sick and tired of the fake press coverage.

As Oily said- Amen to that!

I'm looking at a romp in the sand sooner or later

Thanks Z and watch your 6!

Goose
patriot.gif

Well, if you guys have any questions, I'll be more than glad to answer. I will give you an un-biased answer.

Tom.....very "slick" gun truck! I like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back