Pho Beers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the statute of limitations is up...that and one of the players is long retired, and the rest of us work in different companies.

Worker's Compensatable injuries in my state require that you are back at work, doing suitable duties as immediately as possible, to minimise "loast time" and obviously the compensation payments...so it's taken very very seriously, and yes refusal to do allocated suitable duties is considered refusal of duties.

Anyway, one Thursday, a colleague, who moved to Australia to get his degree and work from Singapore, rolled his car down a fairly trick (was at the time) pass on the way to work. And went home.

Should have called in and notified our boss, as at the time, travel to your primary occupation in the reasonably shortest path WAS covered by workers comp. Work would have arrange to pick him up and get him going.

Anyway, Friday arrives, and he doesn't....in the mean time, word gets around that he rolled his car the day prior (he was ringing around the usual suspects to buy another beater)...so boss rings him, and gets off the phone, furious..."He should be here at work, but he's eating food at the lookout and drinking. Said he's not in a fit state to come in".

Kicked off a disciplinary process, then wet on (planned) leave...leaving me the can.

So Monday, we arrange the initial talk, he arranges a few support people (normally one, he wanted two), and we start.

He's furious that he was accused of drinking, he had not been.

But you told the boss that you were drinking

I was not drinking, I had four beers...jaws dropped, and we all looked in amazement.

But you just said then that you had four beers..."YES exactly.- four beers.

We batted around this for a couple of minutes, and then got to "four beers...you know, terrible fear in my heart that I would die getting to work the next day"

"Phobias ???" asked one of the support people.

Yes exactly that's what I've been saying all along, and that's what I told ******* (the other boss)

Oh nice
smile.gif
I did not know where this was going, and it turned out good.

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
I thought this was going to be about beer with noodles in it...

Same lol

About half way through I was starting to wonder if the OP had a few to many.

Originally Posted by E150GT
I had to re read this a second time. My mind didn't grasp.

When I read it the second time, I imagined the words pronounced with an "OZ" accent....and it all made sense... in American English, the words are too different...

Ahh....good point Astro.

It was his heave Singaporean accent that started the issue, and the syllablisation that is common for English as a second languae.

Phobias...became "pho beers", but he pronounced four as "pho" as well.

BTW, what do you mean Oz accent ?

We don't have an accent, it's just everyone else does.

Yeah,accents can mislead you. Years ago we were having our inground fuel tanks replaced, and a couple of young Pommy (English) lads were on the job. Oneday one came up to me looking for a rug. I was a bit puzzled, and said I didn't have one, but maybe he could find one upstairs. Then I asked why he wanted a rug...he rubbed his hands and pointed to the rag in my pocket - rug, rug I want a rug ! Oh, he just wanted a rag. So then I asked what he called a rug. That was a roog.

Originally Posted by Shannow
We don't have an accent, it's just everyone else does.

My mother once told me that, as remarkable as that might sound, only Finnish people don't have accents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back