Phillips xtreme power bulbs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're running H7 bulbs, an even higher output option is the Osram Rallye 65w Ultra High Output bulb. It's an H7 base with an H9 capsule that puts out ~50% more lumens than a typical H7 bulb. The rated lifespan is in line with that of a standard H7. I'm very pleased with the ones I've installed in my GTI's high-beams. This is the best price I've found them for... http://store.candlepower.com/osraulhiouh7.html

PowerBulb's Ebay store is pretty cheap. Under $30 right now for the H4 version. Just ordered some for the fiancee's Fit with its terrible headlights.

Originally Posted By: frank83
What is the life expectancy of the bulbs? I assume it is less than OEM.

I had a pair of these and sadly they lasted less than a year.

I have 9006 in and they are decent. I've got them still the same aiming as the other bulbs were, and a couple people flashed at me. So I am satisfied with their performance. :)

Personal observation...

The Rabbit's headlamps & bulbs stock are brighter than most cars I see at night.

Maybe VW is using an uprated bulb from the factory. I also noticed a lot higher color temp vs. other cars almost to blue side of the spectrum.

Car was leased and lights never touched.

Turns out the X-Treme Power H4's didn't play well with my 2009 Honda Fit's DRL's, and went after 9 months. Eh, hardly surprising for the high-performance bulb market. Pay to play is as true here as everywhere else.

Yeah, I guess. Must be the filament didn't like another filament close by. The OEM 9005 high beam is still going strong after 11 years in my 1999 Buick. That car uses the high beams as DRL by running them at half-voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back