Phillips 66 Shield Choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great oil! We use it in all the equipment at work because it's so widely available as we have several ConocoPhillips plants in Montana, so the deals on 12qt boxes are always there. It's cheap because unlike other brands, it doesn't have a huge advertising market going on to draw in sales. It just relies on farmers, ranchers, and the general population to buy it up for cheap and use it in everything, then when that equipment goes several miles or hours without a breakdown, it leaves the customer impressed and so they tell all their family, friends, etc. about how good it is! They also sell a lot of grease, fuel additives, and injector cleaners at local c-stores and ranch supply outfits as well.
Run it with complete confidence, change at OEM/hourly intervals and be happy!

Anyone in the know if they changed the base stock in this oil from the old Trop Artic when it switched its name to Shield Choice?

While we are at it. I want to use Shield in my 2006 Camry with 110,000 miles. I change conventional oil every 5,000 miles. Would you recommend longer change intervals? Maybe 7,500 miles? Thanks!

Up here, we mainly get Kendall GT-1, it has been a fairly popular oil 'on the fringes' in Canada since the early 1970's.

Originally Posted by jongies3
Great oil! We use it in all the equipment at work because it's so widely available as we have several ConocoPhillips plants in Montana, so the deals on 12qt boxes are always there. It's cheap because unlike other brands, it doesn't have a huge advertising market going on to draw in sales. It just relies on farmers, ranchers, and the general population to buy it up for cheap and use it in everything, then when that equipment goes several miles or hours without a breakdown, it leaves the customer impressed and so they tell all their family, friends, etc. about how good it is! They also sell a lot of grease, fuel additives, and injector cleaners at local c-stores and ranch supply outfits as well.
Run it with complete confidence, change at OEM/hourly intervals and be happy!

I can't recall the last time I saw an ad for Chevron Supreme or Delo. Maybe in print but I haven't read print in ages..I grew up in the Bay Area so I've always known how good Chevron oil/gas was. With no massive ad campaign, i guess you either know about it or you don't.

Originally Posted by addyguy
Up here, we mainly get Kendall GT-1, it has been a fairly popular oil 'on the fringes' in Canada since the early 1970's.

I know ConocoPhillips spun off Phillips66 lubricants some years ago but isn't it basically the same oil??

Last edited:
Different Base Oils for different Conoco Phillips brand names are manufactured in multiple countries. Many of the add-packs might be relatively the same. But the base oils for all the Conoco Philips brand names, do not come from the same place.

Korea was a supplier for the value priced Conoco oils for many years. Probably still are today.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Different Base Oils for different Conoco Phillips brand names are manufactured in multiple countries. Many of the add-packs might be relatively the same. But the base oils for all the Conoco Philips brand names, do not come from the same place.

Korea was a supplier for the value priced Conoco oils for many years. Probably still are today.

ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Sorry forgot to post the voa I had done
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Saw it at a 99 Cents Only store. I saw an unopened case of 5W-20 Shield Choice on a pallet waiting to be opened. Then I found where the shelf was and saw that it was $3.49.

I started using Trop Artic in 1967 when I worked in a Phillips 66 gas station in New York......been using Phillips products ever since with never any issues. Currently, my 2015 Grand Cherokee is using the Kendall Max 5w20 full synthetic, another excellent Phillips 66 product...

So is this like a budget friendly alternative to Kendall Synthetic/OEM Redline? I remember Trop Arctic was a good 2.00 qt back in the day. I also saw Super Tech HM FS for 4.55 a qt at Walmart yesterday. Lots of 7-8k oils out there at a really good price point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back