PF48 Filters still out there.

I took this screen shot of oil filters currently available from Rock Auto. It shows that both AC Delco PF48 and PF48E Filters are still available. In the past I read that the PF48 was going to be dropped, but it still seems to be out there. Does anyone know what the future plans are from AC Delco? Prices are in CDN dollars. Multiply by 0.7 for US dollars. Thanks.

BC33C4D3-2481-4C9A-952A-AA9F687677FD.png

Last edited:
OK, still don't get it.

The latest two PNs for the PF48 by the dozen are 12710960 individually boxed and 19420377 unboxed (cheaper)

They are not being discontinued either, way too many vehicles they apply to since its a common group size.

Whats ecore?
You can punch in PF48E in the Bitog “search function” and it comes up with some good threads on the E version. As far as I noticed it uses fiber end caps and a plastic cage inside. I think the idea was for it to be easier to recycle. Another forum showed filters being burned before getting crushed so there is some truth to that. Some folks just aren’t comfortable with the fiber encaps and plastic cage.

The latest two PNs for the PF48 by the dozen are 12710960 individually boxed and 19420377 unboxed (cheaper)

They are not being discontinued either, way too many vehicles they apply to since its a common group size.
Also, I noticed the PF48 is identical to the Motomaster OE Plus 10060 ( both with metal end-caps) and the identical threaded end plate.

OK, still don't get it.
^^^ That's ENcore ... not Ecore.

You've been here since 2010 and haven't heard of eCore center tubes in oil filters?

This is an Ecore center tube ... made of nylon.

1649010673440.jpg

Simple Google search get hits galore.

Last edited:
Back