PF 61

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't really matter about the ADBV,I just don't need a filter that has one.It is for a 4.2 I-6 chevy
gary

The 61 has no ADBV. Not needed on some GMs with mounted stand-up filters. My used filters are full of oil right to the brim & the oil channel behind the filter releases a few ounces of oil also as the filter loosens. For such an easy setup, it sure makes a liquid mess when changing the oil. GM has a hollow suspension part right below where the filter sits on my Colorado 4X4. That suspension part has a couple of small holes in it -- causing spots on my driveway for a few days because of the difficulty catching all the spilled oil.

Lastly after getting this off my chest, I think the Wix does have the ADBV. Seems to me I checked on it a couple months ago.

Big O Dave,I did have a Baldwin catalog,thought I would never need it again so I tossed it.I really don't need to know the wix #,just thought I would see if wix had a filter w/o the ADBV.Thanks for your time/effort on this.
gary

Why don't you need one? An ADBV will not hurt, unless it fails and it can help keep oil in the passages of all engines, regardless of filter orientation.

-T

quote:

Originally posted by T-Keith:
Why don't you need one? An ADBV will not hurt, unless it fails and it can help keep oil in the passages of all engines, regardless of filter orientation.

-T

Don't need one if it stays full of oil. The oil channel(s) beyond the filter keep it that way too.

But what is the negative of an ADBV? No one has yet answered that...
confused.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back