Petro-Canada Duron Vs Shell Rotella 15w40

Hey Guys,

Wondering guys thoughts on oils. We have been using Petro-Can Duron HP 15w40. We have mixed opinions on Petro vs Shell oil amongst our management group. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but wondering if someone can help me understand the analysis of each oil and determine which is the better oil. Petro-Canada Duron HP 15w40 vs Shell Rotella T4 15w40

All Major brand oils have differences. Base oils, additive packs etc. What is really important is the end result that oil gives you.

Go to PQIA. org and have a look at the specifications. The two products are almost identical. If you need better cold start performance, have a look at Duron 10w40.

Duron HP 15W-40 is decent oil; when they came out with their CK-4 formulation, it's performance was compared to that of synthetics. That's not to say Rotella is bad, but if it's been working for you, there's no reason to switch unless it's purely for the sake of switching to another brand.

I ran Duron SHP semi synthetic 10w30 for a few indexes on my 2017 Ram 3500. Did the full 24,000km index, some heavy towing and lots of winter cold starts and idle time. Used oil analysis was boring. I chose that oil because its cold flow properties exceeded T5, Citgo and Motomaster flavored semi synthetic 10w30 oil but less expensive.

Currently using a different Canadian brand but for other reasons.

Rotella is a great oil but you can get equally good oils for less and I prefer to support my local companies.

Both oils are excellent. If you're in Canada you might want to give Klondike a look. Really good oils (I've seen sampling from fleet trials) and good people to deal with. If I didn't have such a good relationship and track record with my Chevron people I'd switch to them.

Both oils are excellent. If you're in Canada you might want to give Klondike a look. Really good oils (I've seen sampling from fleet trials) and good people to deal with. If I didn't have such a good relationship and track record with my Chevron people I'd switch to them.
Klondike lubricants are blended and packaged by Warren. Look for the WPP on the bottom of the containers.

Back