Perplexing Toilet Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Stelth
Before you change the flapper, though, run your finger around the rim of the flush valve where the flapper seats. It should be perfectly smooth.

+1 Even a new flapper needs a smooth surface to make a good, tight seal.

Look, just install a squatter and never have this problem again.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. When dealing with cars, I always had better success with the oem pieces. I can get the original Briggs flush valve. Would I be better off with fluidmaster?

The Fluidmaster is one of those rare products: 1) low cost, 2) readily available everywhere, 3) premium design and materials, and 4) works better than OEM. I wouldn't waste my time with the Briggs part because it looks to be inferior to the Fluidmaster flush valve (and fill valve). By the way, the fancier Fluidmaster products (i.e., Adjust-a-flush valve & Leak Sentry fill valve) with more features are not as "bomb proof" reliable as their basic products.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KeithS_NW_Ohio
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
I've asked in the past if there could be a forum here for "home/apartment" types of issues... but unfortunately, it never happens.

Everyone who visits here has to live somewhere... right?

http://terrylove.com/forums/index.php

I posted my water heater Q on that forum, and I wasn't impressed by the (few) answers. I think BITOG is much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back