Permacool adapter part number needed for a powerstroke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if anyone knows if the permacool oil bypass adapter that allows you to add in a bypass oil filter on the filter fitting is available for the powerstroke engine. It has a very large filter and threaded fitting for the filter compared with most other filters. i was looking for the kind that you can both draw oil from and return the bypass filtered oil into as well.

If they are available, do you have the part nos. and where to purchase?

Thanks so much,

Tony

I do not have the number for the part but why if I may ask don't you just use the 1/4" fitting on the oil filter housing and return to the block. This is a very simple hook up and return. No pan to punch, no valve cover return, just a fitting in the block that dumps in the crankcase. I have a bypass on both my PSD's hooked up this way.

smile.gif

If I understand what you are saying is that there is at least one fitting on the oil filter housing that has the oil under pressure and another one that dumps to the oil sump so by attaching the oil feed lines to these it is very easy to attach a bypass filter. Now is this true for a year 2000 PSD? Where are these fittings located? which one is which?

Thanks so much,

Tony

Tony,

On the oil filter housing there is a 1/4" pipe plug that you remove for your pressure to your bypass. Then follow that same line toward the rear of the truck and you will see a plug in the block that can be removed for return. The plug can be removed by using a 3/8' drive and forcing it in the plug. I have pictures of the places to use. Email me if you need them and I will forward.

All 7.3 PSD's have these plugs. Both mine do, one is a 95 and the other is an 01.

smile.gif

The 3/8" plug to return the clean oil to the pan is just to the rear of the full flow filter in the bottom of the engine skirt. You need a 5/16" square tool to remove it. You get pressure to the filter from a plug in the top of the filter mount. I've done a bunch of them. The new 6.0 Powerstrokes are another story. One good thing about the new 6.0 is you can usually find enough room to put a Motor Guard M-30 under the hood.

Ralph
burnout.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back