Peppers! Sweet, Mild and Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again folks, and what kind of peppers do you like to eat? I personally enjoy a good habenero, and a peppercini, or even a few good stuffed sweet peppers. I honestly say that my favorite peppers are mild/hot banana wax peppers and sweet bell peppers. Let me know what your favorite peppers are.

thanks in advance,

Adam

I love peppers; I eat lots of bell peppers and make jalapeno poppers all the time wrapped with bacon and filled with salmon cream cheese, on the grill.

I like spicy food, but when you get past a good jalapeno and into habaneros and such, they're a little too much for me.

I grow my own jalapenos. I like them cut lengthwise and stuffed with cream cheese, pulled pork, and a little cheddar and wrapped in a half-slice of thin cut bacon. Smoke for about an hour at around 250, then grill on high maybe 10 minutes to get the bacon crispy. Amazing. For a milder flavor, poblanos work exceptionally well.

Pepperocini are very good and you can use Hatch chilis for some stuff when they're in season.

How could I forget Hatch green chiles. They have roadside roasters all over town right now as the crop is being harvested.

I can eat a bowl of those things as is. So tasty. My family usually makes a big pot of pork green chili this time of year. I add them to darn near everything I eat.

I like most any pepper except for green bells.A small(quarter inch)piece of green bell gives me indigestion for a day and a half.But I can eat jalapenos,pepperoncini,banana,sweet-hot cherry etc with no problems.I like to make antipasta with the last three peppers listed,great stuff.

We have a couple of ghost chili (Bhut Jolokia) bushes in our garden, along with a few other pepper varieties. The ghost chilis dry out very nicely and are a great ground up seasoning for cold winter day foods. A little goes a long way.

Yeah, my one work friend recently brought in a whole grocery paper bag full of chili peppers that I could eat like candy. Put some of those in some chili that the g.f. and I made last night. I have a couple canned jars of mild and hot banana and jalapeno peppers that are just whole peppers canned. Really good!

adam

Originally Posted By: Silver_civic
Hello again folks, and what kind of peppers do you like to eat? I personally enjoy a good habenero, and a peppercini, or even a few good stuffed sweet peppers. I honestly say that my favorite peppers are mild/hot banana wax peppers and sweet bell peppers. Let me know what your favorite peppers are.

thanks in advance,

Adam

I too love the Habenero. Fantastic taste and a solid, yet comfortable heat.

Red bell peppers are a problem in this house (aside from being $5/lb of recent times).

I buy them to cook at tea time, and the children taken them and eat them in the mean time.

Personally I love them grilled until the skin is black, peeled, and a little olive oil in a salad or warm in a pasta.

Can't go wild with heat at the moment as the children aren't fond of too much heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back