Pentius 3614 oil filters $14.32 for a dozen on Amazon.

Anecdotally, I got a case of 3593B Pentiii :) for a song years ago. I don't even know what the B suffix means because all you can really find now is the 3593A?

Anyway, I just finished it off -- I ran them on lots of older Subarus and Hondas. I can't tell you if they worked well, only that gravity still works today and all those vehicles are still on the road (these are vehicles I service regularly)

Case showed up quick. Wasn't quite sure what they fit, but figured they might fit our 4runner V6, and they did. The thing has 100k miles worth of filters in the garage now, woops. Solid deal.

Case showed up quick. Wasn't quite sure what they fit, but figured they might fit our 4runner V6, and they did. The thing has 100k miles worth of filters in the garage now, woops. Solid deal.
Very common size, also fits most Fords and even my 21 VW Jetta.

Ironically my Edge takes a filter most commonly used on GM. 🤷‍♂️

If you get good oil for cheap, do you not trust it?

The filters have good reviews, and have been working without issue for me. I personally wouldn't run them as a 10k mile filter, but for a good ol Toyota motor that's easy on oil, a 5/6k mile OCI with a good filter like this is just fine. Heck, they are cheap enough, you could change the filter every 3k miles and still come out ahead.

I don't think I could bring myself to use a filter that cheap. Can you trust a generic name filter that cheap?
As you know the price doesn't always determine quality & sometimes we get lucky to have both low price, high quality. In this instance the consumer wins & gets both. This is a good quality filter at a sale price. Some of these are made at the same factory Premium Guard uses & if you've spent some time in the Oil Filter threads you'll see first hand how good they come out. Not sure if this particular one is or isn't a PG but Pentius has made a decent filter too.

Here's a basic Pentius White Can:

Last edited:
The Pentius website doesn't refer to any of its own filter manufacturing plants. Instead it refers to their manufacturing "affiliates" in Asia. This likely is Premium Guard. For its UFXL filters (Ultra Flow Extended Life), it lists the efficiency at 99% at 20 microns. I'm good with that.

The Pentius website doesn't refer to any of its own filter manufacturing plants. Instead it refers to their manufacturing "affiliates" in Asia. This likely is Premium Guard. For its UFXL filters (Ultra Flow Extended Life), it lists the efficiency at 99% at 20 microns. I'm good with that.
They also use a manufacturer out of South Korea as well.

I'm @ ~ 2k miles on my Rodeo, & over 1k miles on my Civic with the UFXL filters & HPL 5w40. Oil still looks very clean on the sticks. Will be doing a filter change at 5k miles on both vehicles. I'll post a c&p of them when that time comes.

Back