Pentius extended life oil filters on Amazon for less than $6

I came across these extended life oil filters on Amazon. Pentius is an American corporation in California, backed by General Motors for the past 15+ years. These extended life filters are made in Asia with 99% efficiency at 20 microns and a rating for 10K miles. The ones I saw were $5.60 on Amazon. These are not to be confused with the two lower tiers of filters (white and blue cans) made by the company.

Last edited:
Premium Guard and Pentius are different companies, although their extended life filters are similar but with slightly different specs. PG is in Tennessee, Pentius is in California and is related to the Daewoo corporation in South Korea. Anyway the Pentius for my Honda is at least a buck cheaper than a Fram Tough Guard.

Check Amazon for a 12 pack, typically a good bit cheaper. I was going to buy one of these for my car, seen them at $7 but found a 12 pack for less than $45???

They where a good bit cheaper, last I looked the 12 pack for my car ran about $3 per filter which is fantastic for the quality.

So I got mine today. Looks good except the bottom looks like its full of glue. Might be normal - I cant see the bottom of most of my filters as the center tube is smaller and the bypass takes up all the space. The one Denso I have looks similar in the bottom with glue.

Hard to get a photo down the center tube - best I could muster?

Do all of them look like this?

IMG_9951.JPG

Not all, some are more uniform than others. Luck of the draw some times. That glue is typically very stuck down, so it shouldn't come loose.

ZeeOSix, is that a bypass at the bottom and if so do you think that glue might be interfering ?

I bought one of the PLXL7317's and one of the 6607's on Amazon and I'm impressed.
The weight alone makes me feel they are a premium product.

I just got 6 plx7317 and they look very good. Silicone gasket and ADBV. Fram Ultra only silicone ADBV. They are also heavier than the Ultra. I’m going to run them 2x my OLM Honda Fit. Probably 15-20k, depending.

I checked out the PLXL7317 on Amazon for my Subaru and passed on them for the following reasons:
  1. They don't paint the filter as an assembly so the baseplate edge seam is unprotected.
  2. The mileage life is not stated.
  3. The filter media is not stated.
  4. Pricing is $7.84
  5. Made and shipped from South Korea, (15-30 days from manufacture to arrival in USA)
I'm staying with my Fram Tough Guard because I know exactly what I'm getting:
  1. 15K mile life
  2. 99% @20 microns
  3. Cellulose/synthetic blend media
  4. Silicone anti-drainback
  5. Fiber endcaps (stronger more reliable adhesion with the media)
  6. Great availability. Easily purchased at Walmart along with my motor oil
  7. $7.17
  8. Made in the USA.
I've taken the Tough Guard apart after use and they are appropriately named. And if one is on a tight budget the Extra Guard has excellent performance specs at $4.12.

1693315874375.jpg
1693316656129.jpg

1693315153158.jpg

Back