Pentius 3614 oil filters $14.32 for a dozen on Amazon.

I discovered them accidentally thru investigating this deal from @NormanBuntz

Never heard of. Probably ok for a personal car but wouldn't want to see it on a car I'm looking at buying.
Have you heard of Premium Guard? Same company. They will be getting more & more popular since the auto parts stores have started carrying them under their house brand names. These filters have excellent quality build to them. If I saw them on any of my car purchases I'd think how wise the previous owner was. LOL

There well built filters. I just put an XL on my truck, only one I had. No efficiency rating - so I likely won't buy any more, but I wouldn't hesitate to run them if the price is right.

Have you heard of Premium Guard? Same company. They will be getting more & more popular since the auto parts stores have started carrying them under their house brand names. These filters have excellent quality build to them. If I saw them on any of my car purchases I'd think how wise the previous owner was. LOL
Nope never heard of them. Other than OEM, I go for well known name brands like Fram, Purolator, Mann, Purflux, etc.

I don’t think Pentius is the same company, but they definitely appear to be sourcing filters from the same place.

They have separate websites, different addresses and Pentius claims 99% at 20 microns while Premium Guard says 99% at 25 microns. I’m not sure but I am thinking only Premium Guard filters say “leak tested” on them also but not positive on that.

Never heard of. Probably ok for a personal car but wouldn't want to see it on a car I'm looking at buying.
Plus Pentius is an American corporation that got financial backing from General Motors about 20 years ago.

Last edited:
I don’t think Pentius is the same company, but they definitely appear to be sourcing filters from the same place.

They have separate websites, different addresses and Pentius claims 99% at 20 microns while Premium Guard says 99% at 25 microns. I’m not sure but I am thinking only Premium Guard filters say “leak tested” on them also but not positive on that.
You're right! I get Pentius & Ecogard confused for some reason. Yes, Pentius is the company that sources a lot of their filters from South Korea and they were associated with like Dewoo or something.

I've posted this all over here about Pentius filters before.
PCXL9549PentiusOilFiltermicrorating.png

Last edited:
You're right! I get Pentius & Ecogard confused for some reason. Yes, Pentius is the company that sources a lot of their filters from South Korea and they were associated with like Dewoo or something.

I've posted this all over here about Pentius filters before.
View attachment 194982
I assume this was the XL, not the regular one? 99% aprox at 26um. Not bad, for inexpensive filter with quality build.

if it is the same as the premium guard filter then great, I have a lot of them on hand, and the build quality is amazing, even better than lower-tier champ filters, now filtering...I have no idea, I am using them for the initial break-in period for engines after a rebuild @500, 1500, and 3000 mile intervals and then back to known filters like champ XL and Fram Ultras

if it is the same as the premium guard filter then great, I have a lot of them on hand, and the build quality is amazing, even better than lower-tier champ filters, now filtering...I have no idea, I am using them for the initial break-in period for engines after a rebuild @500, 1500, and 3000 mile intervals and then back to known filters like champ XL and Fram Ultras
I don't think they are mostly like the PG. I was confused for a minute. I'd treat these Pentius filters differently than PG unless they say "Leak Tested" on the top then it's probably a Premium Guard filter. All that being said I've not seen anything wrong with these Pentius filters & they look like a good quality filter. It would be great if you cut & post these filters you have if you're able to.

Back