Pennzoil PZ-37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by kstanf150
Is there a pleat missing ?🤔

There are tears in the media on both sides of the seam.

Originally Posted by GM4LIFE
What warranty requires changing the oil every 6 months regardless of miles driven? I've never heard of anything like that. What automaker specifies this?

Almost all of them, although many are now starting to move to 12 month time interval if mileage is not met.

I am so done with metal end cap filters. I realize some manufacturers can make one that does not tear but I'm convinced it is better without them.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Originally Posted by cookiemonster
I'm changing the oil every 6 months for warranty purposes, which comes out to about 1500 miles.

I wonder how many thousands of gallons of oil is wasted every year due to the stupid change the oil "every 3 months" or "every 6 months" regardless of mileage recommendations by the automakers.

Go for it cookiemonster, it's your car and never mind the treehuggers,
lol.gif

I'm thinking of getting an oil change at a Pennzoil oil change facility, and the specified filter for my car is a Pennzoil PZ-37 ... I understand that this is a rebranded Purolator filter. Is the filter acceptable for a ~1500 mile OCI?

1500 mile oil change ...³ðŸ¤”
Why bother ??

6-month warranty purposes.

So
You only drive 1500 miles ever 6 months ??

Yes

How many miles were put on that torn PZ-37?

~10,500 mostly highway miles over 7-8 months (October to May, during the "winter" here in Houston, temps rarely below freezing), bulk 5w-30 oil (I would guess PYB since they use a Pennzoil filter?)

How many miles were put on that torn PZ-37?

If the filter has wide pleat spacing and brittle media, it's probably going to tear very soon in use. Back when all the torn media reports were coming in, a couple filters only had 100 miles or less on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back