Pennzoil PZ-37

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of getting an oil change at a Pennzoil oil change facility, and the specified filter for my car is a Pennzoil PZ-37 ... I understand that this is a rebranded Purolator filter. Is the filter acceptable for a ~1500 mile OCI?

Originally Posted by cookiemonster
I'm thinking of getting an oil change at a Pennzoil oil change facility, and the specified filter for my car is a Pennzoil PZ-37 ... I understand that this is a rebranded Purolator filter. Is the filter acceptable for a ~1500 mile OCI?

Yes, it's ok for more than 1,500 miles. It's a made hy purolator filter so do not worry

Originally Posted by 53' Stude

Yes, it's ok for more than 1,500 miles. It's a made by purolator filter so do not worry

Seems like a comment I wouldn't expect from you because of all the tearolators you've found.
21.gif

Originally Posted by Saul
The real question is why only 1500 miles?

Originally Posted by littlehulkster
Why in the world are you running a 1500 mile OCI?

I'm changing the oil every 6 months for warranty purposes, which comes out to about 1500 miles.

Originally Posted by littlehulkster
Why in the world are you running a 1500 mile OCI?

I'm changing the oil every 6 months for warranty purposes, which comes out to about 1500 miles.

Ok, that explains it.

I wonder how many thousands of gallons of oil is wasted every year due to the stupid change the oil "every 3 months" or "every 6 months" regardless of mileage recommendations by the automakers.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

I wonder how many thousands of gallons of oil is wasted every year due to the stupid change the oil "every 3 months" or "every 6 months" regardless of mileage recommendations by the automakers.

How much oil sits in the sump for years and years and tens of thousands of miles because people forget or can't be bothered?

I think it probably balances out, maybe the needle even tilts towards neglect and oil saved.

1500 mile oil change ...³ðŸ¤”
Why bother ??

Originally Posted by kstanf150

Why bother ??

6-month warranty purposes.

Why bother ??

So
You only drive 1500 miles ever 6 months ??

Why bother ??

So
You only drive 1500 miles ever 6 months ??

Yeah, that's what the OP is implying.

I guess that makes sense. More power to you.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Originally Posted by 53' Stude

Yes, it's ok for more than 1,500 miles. It's a made by purolator filter so do not worry

Seems like a comment I wouldn't expect from you because of all the tearolators you've found.
21.gif

For 1,500~ miles if it tears; I'll tell OP to get Hyundai/KIA OEM filter.
wink.gif

What warranty requires changing the oil every 6 months regardless of miles driven? I've never heard of anything like that. What automaker specifies this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back