Pennzoil Long Life 10w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live north of you in MN. It's easy to find and Walmarts and some QuickLubes (not the chains). It cost about 10-50% more than Pennz multigrade.

Last I heard Pennzoil Longlife 10W-30 was only avilable in 5 gallon pails and 55 gallon drums. This is Pennzoil's "heavy duty" Diesel oil that is rated API SL for gasoline engines and API CI-4 for diesels.

I found Pennzoil 10w30 Long Life, in Northwest Houston. The distributor does not stock it, but will order it for you.

Their phone is (713)546-8506. The distribution center address where you take delivery is: 5750 Campbell Rd. Houston TX. They are near W. Tidwell Rd. and Hempstead Hwy. Smallest order available is a box of 4ea. 1 gallon jugs. Price is around $27.88 or $1.74 per quart when you break it down. It's also available in a 5 gallon pail, but don't think that would be convient to use.

I hope this oil will be good in my 03' four cylinder Camry?

[ November 07, 2003, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: Valk1500 ]

Great. Pennzoil must have just decided to begin marketing this oil in the one gallon size within the last several months. Johnny from Pennzoil had commented that he and others had been trying to convince Pennzoil to sell the Longlife 10W-30 oil in the one quart or at least one gallon size.

The specs for the Pennzoil Longlife 10W-30 look great. Since it is rated API SL for gasoline engines as well as CI-4 for diesels it should do very well in your Toyota.

Ironthinker you were correct and I was wrong. I thought maybe you had bought the Pennzoil High Mileage oil instead.
cheers.gif

[ November 08, 2003, 01:25 AM: Message edited by: Sin City ]

Should I have any catalytic converter concerns using this oil in a 98' 5.4L Triton or a 03' 2.4 liter Camry? From what I have read so far no?

The Camry is under warranty up to 36,000 miles should this keep me from using it?

quote:

Originally posted by Sin City:
Great. Pennzoil must have just decided to begin marketing this oil in the one gallon size within the last several months. Johnny from Pennzoil had commented that he and others had been trying to convince Pennzoil to sell the Longlife 10W-30 oil in the one quart or at least one gallon size.

The specs for the Pennzoil Longlife 10W-30 look great. Since it is rated API SL for gasoline engines as well as CI-4 for diesels it should do very well in your Toyota.

Ironthinker you were correct and I was wrong. I thought maybe you had bought the Pennzoil High Mileage oil instead.
cheers.gif

----------------------
does anybody know the thickness? cSt @100*c?

Hey there,

So all in all what are the benefits seen
between the Pennzoil HIGH MILEAGE vs. LONG LIFE ?

I may be reading between the lines on this but,
it seems to be the difference of
WHAT WORKS vs WHAT WORKS BEST.....any takers ?

BTW- I run a gas engine.

Slade

"So all in all what are the benefits seen
between the Pennzoil HIGH MILEAGE vs. LONG LIFE?"

Long Life (the double duty diesel oil) will have more detergents/detergents while the High Mileage Vehicle oil has a small percentage of ester which acts as a mild detergent/dispersant as well as a seal conditioner.

Both are good.
smile.gif

--- Bror Jace

Valk, care to sell a couple of gallons? The distribution center now has, as of Dec 1, a $150 min order. I spent over an hour on the phone today just trying to get a quote for the 4-1gal jugs or the 5gal pail but since all the regular sales people were "in meetings till next week" the info I got came from a variety of people. The bright spot is the quality control person, Darlene, is working with the manager of the Pennzoil 'company store',located in the "tunnel" under the downtown Pennzoil building, to "get around" the $150 min but so far I've yet to get a quote. Sheesh, neither Schaeffers nor Delvac 1 is this hard to obtain!!

Would I be in error stating that the additive levels in Amsoil or Redline are close to the heavy duty oils? I would rather replace my cats than an engine .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back