Pennzoil Full Synthetic (Not Platinum) PDS, Who let's this stuff get printed??

Please link that.

Hi there, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are currently working to update our Technical Data Sheets for various products. Thank you for your patience while we continue to update our website. – The Pennzoil Team

I don't believe Cam2 is recycled oil....

Not at all. That cas number is a type of base oil and it is not specific to "recycled" oil. It is just a base oil. Nothing more.

In fact that real cas number I just found for Cam2 Superpromax is 64742-65-0 which is a totally different number from that one post from 10 years ago.

Cam2 and Super S both are good oils that exceed API SP standards.

Last edited:
I was going to create a new thread but I found this.

Has Pennzoil changed their oil line up?
I typically buy my oil at Walmart.
I cannot find Pennzoil Ultra anywhere. Did they discontinue it?
All I seem to find is this new Pennzoil full synthetic (black label) or I can find Pennzoil Platinum. No more Ultra.

How good is this Pennzoil full synthetic? Honestly I like the very attractive price. A 5qt jug of 0W-20 is $18+ at Walmart.
I really haven't seen any reviews or a test on it. I really don't know anybody personally who's using it yet.

I typically don't buy the best or top rated quality motor oil. I do buy a reputable full synthetic oil. Usually Mobil1 AFE.

I'm liking the price of the Pennzoil full synthetic. It's the same price as the OEM Motorcraft synthetic blend oil.
I don't stretch my OCI and I'm considering making the change to Pennzoil full synthetic.

Also did Pennzoil do away with conventional oil grades? I'm not finding any. I typically use Pennzoil in lawn mowers and snow blower and other small engine equipment I have.

About the only conventional oil Im finding anymore is Castrol GTX.

Product labels are a different matter. They are attached to the product, so must be perfect. I have first hand knowledge of the scrapping of an entire batch of Quaker State full synthetic in quarts that made it out to distribution centers with an error on the label. Batches were generally tens of thousands of gallons, so it was costly. And fixing the problem much more difficult than making a few keystrokes to correct a digital TDS.
And depending on what they're for (not oil), they may actually have regulatory impacts. During graduate school, I used nothing but Japanese labeled contact solution (same product as the US) from an entire crate that my buddy's younger brother (used to work as a production chemist for a major name-brand manufacturer of contact lens products in Fort Worth) had rescued from disposal because the labels were inaccurate and wouldn't pass Japanese custom. Saved me a bundle, and opened my eyes as to the importance of labeling.

All I seem to find is this new Pennzoil full synthetic (black label) or I can find Pennzoil Platinum. No more Ultra.

How good is this Pennzoil full synthetic? Honestly I like the very attractive price. A 5qt jug of 0W-20 is $18+ at Walmart.
I really haven't seen any reviews or a test on it. I really don't know anybody personally who's using it yet.

I typically don't buy the best or top rated quality motor oil. I do buy a reputable full synthetic oil. Usually Mobil1 AFE.

I'm liking the price of the Pennzoil full synthetic. It's the same price as the OEM Motorcraft synthetic blend oil.
I don't stretch my OCI and I'm considering making the change to Pennzoil full synthetic.

Also did Pennzoil do away with conventional oil grades? I'm not finding any. I typically use Pennzoil in lawn mowers and snow blower and other small engine equipment I have.

I've got quite a bit, and will be sending for UOA's. But it runs just fine in the Tucson (not quite as smooth as the QSAM 5W-30).

Amazon delivery distracted the person newly working from home resulting in the error. Place your bets...

Hi @Cuemark8, Pennzoil recognizes that more automotive manufacturers (OEMs) are recommending the use of synthetic motor oil in their vehicles to comply with latest industry standards and environmental regulations. These vehicles are running on smaller more efficient engines with newer technologies such as turbochargers, gasoline direct injection, variable valve timing, and timing chains. To reliably protect these new complex engines a synthetic motor oil is generally recommended.

Pennzoil introduced a full synthetic motor oil for motorists making the transition from conventional or synthetic blend motor oil to a full synthetic motor oil or considering use of a branded full synthetic product. There are many benefits of using a full synthetic product compared to a conventional and synthetic blend motor oil. Pennzoil Full Synthetic Motor Oil is formulated to provide 40% better performance than conventional motor oil*. You can learn more about Pennzoil Full Synthetic motor oil by visiting our website: https://www.pennzoil.com/en_us/products/full-synthetic-motor-oils/pennzoil-full-synthetic.html.

*Compared to Pennzoil Conventional Motor Oil

Thank you!
The Pennzoil Team

Back