Peak has a New Antifreeze

I suppose that's one way to describe it. When I think Dexclone though, I think of primary inhibitor in DexCool OAT AF first, as mentioned 2eha. So for me, this one like PGL just an OAT AF, with no 2eha. Mopar (purple) OAT AF similar type description, also no 2eha. Same as Prestone CoreGuard it is a 'universal' type AF, however Prestone uses 2eha. The price for the concentrate seems reasonable imo. Also seems Peak trying to make this one more readily available than PGL.

I cant find this stuff online to purchase anywhere. Its available in stores though? Does this stuff look as close to a real AMAM that there is?

I spoke to an engineer at Peak today. He confirmed that this new formula contains some phosphates. It is similar to Honda OEM coolant in that way.

It seems like a better product than their previous "Long Life" formula that was pretty much a Dex-clone.

By now, I can find it locally for $11-13 for concentrate.

Honestly, the whole 2EHA thing has been feared for a long time. I can pretty much confirm it doesn't have any issues in a 2012 or newer Hyundai and Kia. Our Santa Fe has it (been around 75K or so.) Our neighbors across the street have a KIA Soul (2013 I believe.) They drive it to California and back several times a year. He is meticulous about his maintenance and uses the Walmart Supertech Universal stuff. Changed the OEM coolant at 60K and has over 200K now (he has changed it twice since the original swap.)

May be different with other car manufacturers though. IF damaged was caused by using Universal, wouldn't we be hearing about it? Wouldn't Prestone or Peak be doing a recall or putting a warning on the bottle saying "if you drive X manufacturers vehicle don't use this" ? The bottles say ANY VEHICLE right on them.

I just don't understand why we can't get a statement about 2EHA from manufacturers (I did have a Hyundai tech say UNIVERSALS are fine, but that is far from official.)

Last edited:
I plan on using this for top off in my 2021 Canyon and a 2019 Grand Cherokee, both V6 engines. Neither need a change for a while.

I want to use this to top off my 2019 Jeep GC and a 2021 Canyon, makes it easy as it says for most 2012 to 2022 North American vehicles. Has anyone used this and troubles if any?

Back