PEAK Extended Life-- What Is It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been running Prestone All Makes All Models in my dad's 92 Toyota van for the last two years and 20k miles.

Last week, when I checked the coolant condition, the coolant looked slightly rusty and had a lot sediment in it. This is despite using Prestone Super Radiator Cleaner during the last coolant flush.

So on a whim, I bought two gallons of PEAK Extended Life 5/150 today at Walmart. $9.50/gal. I don't see any info about it on the PEAK website, so what is this stuff?

IMG_1452.jpg

IMG_1453.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

There is another thread here about it, and you can search. But, it is my opinion based on that thread that it is Walmart's brand of Peak Long Life All Makes avaiable in AZ and AAP.

I just did a total flush using Peak Long Life All Makes, to replace Prestone All Makes that gave me no issues and left a clean system. Peak LL was a better deal with rebate, so I'm using it.

Some don't like Peak LL because it's supposedly a Dexclone with 2eha, though that is disputed by some here.

My vehicle calls for system maintenance every 2yrs/30k. So, I'm confident using it for 2-3yrs.

It is not Peak Global Life, and I wouldn't plan on running it 5yrs/150K.

HTH
J

On page 9 of this section, from 5/26 there is a great post on this subject and should answer just about all questions. I don't know to post the link here but it's called "Peak Extended Life=Peak Blobal?" Maybe someone can transfer it to this page.

Just a couple points about that thread. It really doesn't answer the OP's question, but for me I'm satisfied that Peak EL=Peak LL.

tenderlion did get the email, but in later post's at least on poster says he wouldn't trust an email from Peak regarding the make up of Peak LL.
21.gif
That said, I'd operate under the assumption that both LL/EL contain 2eh. If that concerns the OP he should look for Peak Global Life.

Originally Posted By: hate2work
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
On page 9 of this section, from 5/26 there is a great post on this subject and should answer just about all questions. I don't know to post the link here but it's called "Peak Extended Life=Peak Blobal?" Maybe someone can transfer it to this page.

Char, is this the thread?

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1361899#Post1361899

Sorry, no this not the thread but I do remember that one. The one that Im talking about is similar but more recent(5/09 insteat of 2/09). don't know if it will be of any use/value but, it's a good read. I'll see if I can find it again and post it here.

Originally Posted By: hate2work

Char, is this the thread?

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1361899#Post1361899

Sorry, no this not the thread but I do remember that one. The one that Im talking about is similar but more recent(5/09 insteat of 2/09). don't know if it will be of any use/value but, it's a good read. I'll see if I can find it again and post it here.

OOPS! Yes it is the one h2w, my bad, I must be loosing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back