Peak All Vehicles Antifreeze/Coolant

I have been quietly reading here on coolants/antifreeze for years. Red Asian, Blue Asian, Dex Cool, GO-5, conventional green, all makes all models. If the Peak is truly 10 X more scale inhibitors, guaranteed lifetime protection, 10+ years and 300,000 miles why would anyone use anything else???

Scott

Good question. I use it in all my vehicles. Makes life simple and I feel better not using the "other" controversial coolant that was in my GM product.
Now... I'm sure everyone will chime in here about this silicate or this factor...but.... I couldn't find any good reason NOT to use the Peak 10x.

I am currently using PEAK 10X as well in the 2015 ALTIMA in my signature.
I bought 2 gallons of full strength from AAP(sale & $peed Perk$) and 2 gallons of distilled water from W*M
and did 2 cars/D&F's on my ALTIMA and my daughter's previous 2015 CIVIC.

Last edited:
Yep, that's what I decided a few years ago. 10X in everything. I am as particular about correct fluids as anyone else here, but this just makes sense.

I did do thorough flushes to get as clean a system as I could but then Volvo, Lexus, Acura etc. - All 10x.

If the Peak is truly 10 X more scale inhibitors, guaranteed lifetime protection, 10+ years and 300,000 miles why would anyone use anything else???
I want the exact chemistry AND color the car manufacturer spec'd for my car. Universal coolants are designed for wide number of applications and may contain additives you car doesn't need or may be harmful. Yes, the coolant is guarantied to last 10+ years and 300,000 miles, but will the engine?

I want the exact chemistry AND color the car manufacturer spec'd for my car. Universal coolants are designed for wide number of applications and may contain additives you car doesn't need or may be harmful. Yes, the coolant is guarantied to last 10+ years and 300,000 miles, but will the engine?

Or you can do your homework to make sure it is compatible. That's an option, too, like others here are saying.

I would tend to agree with this philosophy... However... GM spec'd DexCool for my 2001 Buick and I cannot say it was the best formulation for it.
(Don't want to get into that whole debate here.) In reality... Engines are made of metal (Iron, Aluminum, alloys etc.)
If Peak 10x is a long lasting product, I cannot see the downside. I suppose one could make a case either way... but my car is 20-years old... Tons of things are deteriorating on it...

Back