Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Sounds like a ton of work!
smile.gif

Making your own peanut butter in Vita Mix is easy and fun

I get local made strawberry chutney
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Since there was no mention of bread or jam do you eat it out of the jar by the spoonful?
smile.gif

Saltine crackers (Keebler brand) and I spoon out what I can't get with a knife.
smile.gif

This was my last combo. But definitely looking for something healthier,more pure,and tastier. I want the jam to taste more like fruit and less like grape candy. That peanut butter is really good!! Really light and fluffy. But it's always hard to find. I eat that peanut butter straight out of the jar with a spoon sometimes for my dessert.

High fructose corn syrup is an industrial product which is so bad for you it should be listed as toxic. White granulated sugar made from cane or beets is not much better - the fact that some sugar is listed as organic means nothing - it is still very bad for you.

Peanut butter is a pretty healthy food if you can find a peanut butter with just peanuts and maybe salt as ingredients and nothing else. The typical supermarket brands of regular peanut-butters are terrible very unhealthy foods full of sugar, hydrogenated fats, salt, and preservatives.

Regular supermarket brands of jams and preserves are a nightmare of industrial processed fruit, preservatives, food coloring, and huge amount of high fructose corn syrup. Find a jam or jelly that has only one ingredient - the actual fruit with no added sugars of any kind. The fruit itself has lots of fructose which is also a form of fast metabolizing sugar so go very easy on the jam.

Or as an alternative do like 90% of Americans do and don't read the labels and eat whatever garbage is the most advertised and cheapest to buy at the store.

Last edited:
Stay away from anything with High Fructose Corn Syrup if it is the one thing you do. It is horrible on your liver and kidneys and has lasting effects potentially permanently altering your taste buds as well.

Natural peanut butter up here means 1 ingredient: Peanuts. No salt or sugar and its awesome. When I was a kid my mom forced it on us so I been used to eating it my whole life, tried the other stuff years later and couldnt eat it. I love grape jelly but I might get a container once a year, I dont typically touch it, since its either sugar or a sweetener. I just go with the one made with sugar. Organic cane sugar is just as bad as any other sugar..

Im not a big fan of bananas, but real fruit on a pb sandwich is a good alternative to sugary jams. Worst case find a jam with less sugar.

Last edited:
About different types of sugars. Is raw brown sugar "healthier" than the cheap white granulated stuff? How about "Sugar In The Raw"? I buy that to use in my iced tea. Of course I use a tiny bit.

I got hooked on coconut palm sugar -- $5.98 per container.
33.gif

It has a toasty taste to it. It use 3 heaping tea spoons of it in my coffee plus 2 heaping tea spoons of coffee mate. By time I get it all ready, it's not really coffee anymore.
laugh.gif

The containers are heavy duty plastic. I have quite a collection of them now. I don't know what I'm going to use them for, but when I think of something, I'll have them.
grin.gif

e9fa4a9d-1691-49ed-a0c3-55dd3ea8c763_1.c5a2e2e2359011d6721df97c40031315.jpeg

Originally Posted By: 2strokeNorthstar
Stay away from anything with High Fructose Corn Syrup if it is the one thing you do. It is horrible on your liver and kidneys and has lasting effects potentially permanently altering your taste buds as well.

I agree... I have my Type II diabetes under control through weight loss and diet and I'm not on medication but when I travel to the U.S. and encounter HFCS in small amounts here/there in things like Ketchup or whatever I still notice my sugar is higher for up to a week after returning. It's still within limits but it raises the average number for me and that is with just the occasional encounter.

Now my spouse who has a sweet tooth and Type II has a heck of a time even with medication keeping his sugar under control after consuming normal amounts of HFCS whereas this doesn't seem to be a problem eating similar here made with real sugar from beets or cane.

I really think that should be banned. Just from personal experiences.

Last edited:
I understand what the PBJ thing is...and the grape Jelly, was really good when we immersed while over there in 2010 and 2014...and crtainly get the grape part.

Here in Oz, it's always been Peanut butter (crunchy), and honey.

Last week I went to the range (the one next to Mount Panorama), and bought 2lb of local grown unpasturised honey.

And have had peanut butter and honey on toast every day since (except Sunday's Bacon, Egg, and Tomato with sourdough)

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Are sugar free jams and jellies like the Polaner's any good?
Their orange marmalade is a favorite; not too sweet and has just the right amount of "pulp" in it.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Are sugar free jams and jellies like the Polaner's any good?
Their orange marmalade is a favorite; not too sweet and has just the right amount of "pulp" in it.

I agree on the pulp,I've gotta have my pulp!! That's what makes stuff good.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
I understand what the PBJ thing is...and the grape Jelly, was really good when we immersed while over there in 2010 and 2014...and crtainly get the grape part.

Here in Oz, it's always been Peanut butter (crunchy), and honey.

Last week I went to the range (the one next to Mount Panorama), and bought 2lb of local grown unpasturised honey.

And have had peanut butter and honey on toast every day since (except Sunday's Bacon, Egg, and Tomato with sourdough)

I absolutely LOVE locally grown raw honey!! I love to eat it straight out of the jar. If I can't find anyone selling it,I'll buy the unfiltered raw Mexican honey with the honeycomb at the grocery store.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
33.gif

It has a toasty taste to it. It use 3 heaping tea spoons of it in my coffee plus 2 heaping tea spoons of coffee mate. By time I get it all ready, it's not really coffee anymore.
laugh.gif

The containers are heavy duty plastic. I have quite a collection of them now. I don't know what I'm going to use them for, but when I think of something, I'll have them.
grin.gif

Now THIS has me intrigued!! Where do you buy it? I definitely want to give this a try.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
33.gif

laugh.gif

grin.gif

Try Sams Club. I bought a bag there.

Now THIS has me intrigued!! Where do you buy it? I definitely want to give this a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back