Pat Goss of Motorweek has passed away

Sad to hear that. RIP. I hadn't seen his show for 15- 20 years. My cable co. has zero motorsports or car interest channels on my channel lineup. Even though it's 2 or 3 tiers up from the basic. I used to watch it on an over the air channel from the beginning and later on a different town's cable. I didn't know of the You Tube access.

It's still shown on public TV stations - mostly PBS affiliates although it's not a PBS program.

It's still shown on public TV stations - mostly PBS affiliates although it's not a PBS program.
That's a good thing. For the first 15 years or so I saw the show it was on a sort of renegade PBS station that I picked up over the air. Neither of the PBS stations on my not so great cable co. carry the show.

That's a good thing. For the first 15 years or so I saw the show it was on a sort of renegade PBS station that I picked up over the air. Neither of the PBS stations on my not so great cable co. carry the show.

Really?

I'm not 100% sure now if PBS claims it. It seems kind of weird because the PBS website claims it as a PBS program.

However, the MotorWeek website says that it's a Maryland Public Broadcasting program, but that it's broadcast on a large majority of PBS stations.

Produced by Maryland Public Television, MotorWeek airs on 92% of PBS stations nationwide, and can also be seen on cable's MAVTV Motorsports Network and V-me Spanish-language network.​

Really?

I'm not 100% sure now if PBS claims it. It seems kind of weird because the PBS website claims it as a PBS program.

However, the MotorWeek website says that it's a Maryland Public Broadcasting program, but that it's broadcast on a large majority of PBS stations.

Produced by Maryland Public Television, MotorWeek airs on 92% of PBS stations nationwide, and can also be seen on cable's MAVTV Motorsports Network and V-me Spanish-language network.​
I'll have to take a harder look at my 2 PBS stations. Perhaps they added it and I'm not aware of it. One station is a big time PBS station that does all by the national schedule and the other is a smaller market low budget station that never follows the national schedule.

edit: I did a station search from your link. Turns out that one of my PBS stations does indeed carry MotorWeek! The stations website also carries past shows for a season or two. Thanks!

Last edited:
Condolences to Pat's family and friends. I have been watching motor week for 40 years. The old ones are hilarious from today's perspective.

I have been watching old MW segments on youtube recently. Good stuff.

Pat is/was great at very logical explanations on how cars worked.

RIP Pat. Introduced MW to my kids.…good show. One of my sons does a great Pat Goss impression. Always enjoyed watching Pat on MW since the beginning on regular old fashioned TV, but now stream PBS shows on Roku. The last MW episode i watched was quite good/informative with Pat talking coolants. Will miss him.

Oh no, Pat was fixture of my youth while watching TV in the 80s and up to the present. May you RIP.

Sorry to hear it.
I've watched MW from the 80s on.
Now I have the MW theme song playing in my head.
It always came on about 11 or 11:30am if I remember right.
I haven't seen MW in quite a while but now that you mentioned it I think I'll look for it on youtube.

Back