Paste VS Liquid

dasddad.png
81HwlFHh8FL.jpg

polish means abrasives, even if they are very mild.
polished surfaces are shiny because previously rough surface has been "sanded" to absolute flat.
how oils can polish ? they can´t. marketing nonsense. they play safe, because people panic, if any abrasives are mentioned... :D

if it´s non abrasive, it has to be chemical cleaning, which will remove/dissolve only some dirt like tar.
oxidation (rough surface) , scratches can be polished. (removal only by abrasives)
you can "hide" small scratches with fillers, but they are still there. over time it will show up.

after clay i prep the paint with dodo limeprime, which is lemonene & weak abrasive paste.
it lifts last pieces of dirt- mf towel became a little darker. paint really pops.

There seems to be a lot of OPINIONS as to what is the best wax, sealant and ceramic. In the end professional detailers DO NOT USE the same product purchased in the local shop. Also if they were great at their job they would not have the time to do YOU TUBE videos. Looks and longevity are subjective as to paint type, condition and environmental, climate issues. Sometimes the cheapest stuff will make the regular guy happy. Ceramics are NOT the best for everyone and don't always give results expected!

So a follow up. The Finish Kare is starting to give up. I can't complain , lasted from dec till now, including automatic car washes. I think I will use the griots sio2 3-1 during the summer and the finish Kare for winter use.
View attachment 96554View attachment 96555
So you got 3 plus months out of FK? I have found that it will last longer if it is put over clean paint. Also if you wash vehicle with something like Meguiars (yellow) wash and wax it will also help extend time between waxing periods. Have not seen GROITS lasting long outdoors so keep us posted.

So you got 3 plus months out of FK? I have found that it will last longer if it is put over clean paint. Also if you wash vehicle with something like Meguiars (yellow) wash and wax it will also help extend time between waxing periods. Have not seen GROITS lasting long outdoors so keep us posted.
I suspect the automatic car wash beat it down. I can't wash at home. My well water is so hard it leaves hard water spots that stay on the paint and glass forever. Takes vinegar or polish to get it off the windshield.

Paste wax has been taken over by modern tech but there is a special feeling associated with applying paste wax and removing the carrier for shine. Ceramics and graphene last longer. It is said not to apply ceramics and graphene over carnauba or polymer but TW has a Ceramic/graphene paste wax with 10 carnauba waxes mixed in. It brings a richness to the color that ceramics do not have. The graphene adds a deeper shade of gloss that lasts longer. I have been using TW graphene Flex wax on top of the TW ceramic/graphene paste wax and really happy with the results. The flex wax carrier leaves some residue that needs to be removed with another wash but the shine increases over night.

Last edited:
I can‘t get past the economic difference between the liquids and paste. $20 for a 14 oz can of Finish Kare at 6 months per coat. Mothers wax lasted maybe 2 months.
How often are the spray waxes applied? Surely more frequently than the paste….like maybe every time you wash?? Certainly it’s more convenient and faster, although it only takes Me a little over an hour to wax the car.
Guess I’ll have to conduct my own tests…..what luck!!😎🙃😎

I can‘t get past the economic difference between the liquids and paste. $20 for a 14 oz can of Finish Kare at 6 months per coat. Mothers wax lasted maybe 2 months.
How often are the spray waxes applied? Surely more frequently than the paste….like maybe every time you wash?? Certainly it’s more convenient and faster, although it only takes Me a little over an hour to wax the car.
I'm going to use the griots 3-1 in the warmer months as its fast. Right before winter , I will use the Finish Kare.

Every other time my son details my truck he uses my Finish Kare #218 sealant on it.

I only wax by hand and find liquid much easier to use than paste. I've read that paste wax may last a little longer but I don't care.

Back