Do you still use liquid and paste sealants

Status
Not open for further replies.
After i discovered the spray and wipe sealants, all of my liquid and paste sealants are gathering dust. the new stuff is so much easier to use, and i can use it on almost everything without concern about white residue,

So is there still any reason out there to use liquid and paste sealants and waxes? Do the liquids and paste last longer?

Originally Posted by spasm3
I like klasse sealant. But i'm curious what spray sealant you are using?

turtle wax seal and shine. i can wash and seal a car in about an hour these days

the best wax is one you will actually apply. I've done the Klasse twins and they do last for you have to be careful how you apply it to not get streaks. Even the AIO or you put it on a little too thick it will be a pain to get off. It cleans the paint surface really good and does have a sealer in it. The sealant glaze has the real sealant. It lasts a good 6-8 months in south texas sun. BUT i find it a PITB to work with. You have to wipe it on "whisper thin" on the paint then wipe it off before it dries. If you leave it on the paint where you can barely see where you applied it you will have a heck of a time buffing it off. The thin wipe on wipe off method works once you get the hang of it.

The problem is it was so much work I started skipping waxings and would go 2 years without a wax.

I have switched to Meguiars Ultimate spray wax. Wash the truck, dry the heavy water off, spray and wipe/buff the spray wax. Easy breezy.

Since it will apply this wax more frequently it doesnt need to last forever. Just a month or so till the next car wash.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Can any of the spray sealants last a full year?

there are few that claim 6-9 months, but i find them so easy to apply i do it every three months of so . spray on wipe off.

Originally Posted by WhyMe
After i discovered the spray and wipe sealants, all of my liquid and paste sealants are gathering dust. the new stuff is so much easier to use, and i can use it on almost everything without concern about white residue,

So is there still any reason out there to use liquid and paste sealants and waxes? Do the liquids and paste last longer?

The liquid and paste wax/sealants will last longer than the sprays, this is my new sealant.
cheers3.gif

73318473_2814643058560223_5326775782331121664_n.jpg

I use spray sealant/wax as a topper over a liquid sealant. I've just never seen anywhere near the durability from a spray. Tool cold to reapply every month here so the liquid suits me well.

Only if it is an all-in-one (AIO) product. If I was only seeking protection, a spray-on sealant is a more efficient use of time.

For example, the car below had paint that was in terrible shape. Visible oxidation, deeper defects and was just faded. I lightly polished using Rupes Uno Protect, a Rupes yellow foam pad and a DA polisher. The improvement is incredible.

5C4588B3-5456-40DF-BED5-F78CD1E7CD33.jpeg

3A5B4DE4-4A23-430A-8B99-AA9185B61744.jpeg

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Can any of the spray sealants last a full year?

I think the answer to that is like it is to most every question: it depends... In Seattle parked outside, I don't see anything short of a real coating lasting a full year. Garage kept somewhere that it doesn't rain everyday for 8 months of the year? maybe!

That said, I use a sealant (Optimum Hyper Seal or Optiseal) as a drying aid every time I was the car. It doesn't need to last a year, just until the next wash. I find this works great (this is on top of a car that was coated with Optimum Gloss Coat).

I still use liquid "wax" as a base, and top them with spray sealants. My latest favorite is Chemical Guys Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish

A couple of weekends ago, I went over the car with Meguiars Ultimate Polish and a random orbital, then applied Blacklight, let it cure for a few hours, and topped it with Torque Detail. After every wash, I use Beadmaker as a drying aide. Car looks amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back