Paste VS Liquid

Which do you prefer, paste or liquid; wax, sealant, compound, etc.?
My son is coming to visit me this weekend to detail my truck. Part of the detail will be using MEGUIAR'S Cleaner Wax in the paste application. I do have it in liquid, but it's been awhile since we have used the paste. My preference is liquid because it's easier to work with. But, l need to use the paste before it dries up (if it still does that).
I even ordered (2) new foam pad applicators.
Pics to follow. ;)

Preference:
Liquid compounds - Ease of use with a buffing pad.
Paste "wax" - I read years ago that the stuff they have to add to make a wax into a liquid dilutes the wax, diminishing longevity. Not sure how much that applies today, but it's something I always remember when buying. If I'm given a choice between Megiuars Ultimate liquid or paste, I grab the paste.
Spray sealers - I like to apply them as a drying aide after a wash.

I've read somewhere that paste wax is more durable than liquid. I prefer paste wax. :unsure:

I'm a fan of liquid, pretty much removes any chance of contaminating the "mother container" of wax with grime left on the paint

Plus, it's much easier to work with.

try the new hybrid ceramic sprays. (on a properly prepared surface, of course)..you'll never go back to the drudgery of paste (or liquid) wax again.

I'm "Old Skool", paste. ;)
IMG_0103.JPG

Preference:
Liquid compounds - Ease of use with a buffing pad.
Paste "wax" - I read years ago that the stuff they have to add to make a wax into a liquid dilutes the wax, diminishing longevity. Not sure how much that applies today, but it's something I always remember when buying. If I'm given a choice between Megiuars Ultimate liquid or paste, I grab the paste.
Spray sealers - I like to apply them as a drying aide after a wash.
Okay, when you're using a foam applicator to apply said products, do you wet the pad then wring it out? Some chemicals state to wet the applicator before applying the product. I have done both, wet and dry. A wet applicator makes the product go further, IMO.
I don't use microfiber applicator pads. The product in which you're applying onto the vehicles clear coat/paint tends to clog the microfiber pores. Very nasty.

I am now using griots 3 in 1 spray during the summer. Winter I use paste wax , collinite 456.
I just bought some finish kare paste wax to try.

Which do you prefer, paste or liquid; wax, sealant, compound, etc.?
My son is coming to visit me this weekend to detail my truck. Part of the detail will be using MEGUIAR'S Cleaner Wax in the paste application. I do have it in liquid, but it's been awhile since we have used the paste. My preference is liquid because it's easier to work with. But, l need to use the paste before it dries up (if it still does that).
I even ordered (2) new foam pad applicators.
Pics to follow. ;)
Your pick. I use liquid when available.

liquids are eze BUT if you want a deep darker smooth finish on a dark color i found Collinite 915 to be the best i ever used! ezeier than original simoniz my old fav on the many back vechiles i own-ed + a slightly better deeper finish. in the military a friend was polishing his chevelle SS with siminoz mater wax paste, I grabbed my original siminoz past + shamed his finish! the original was a PITA to use 2X2 areas + wipe off + it didnt last BUT WOW deeper BLACKER blacks!!

I am now using griots 3 in 1 spray during the summer. Winter I use paste wax , collinite 456.
I just bought some finish kare paste wax to try.
There is a Collinite cleaner wax that a lot of members here have talked about a lot. I think the number is 845. Is that correct?
The cleaner wax my son and l will be using is the 3rd step of 5 steps; 1-wash, 2-clay, 3-cleaner wax, 4-sealant, 5-ceramic detail spray.

Back