Parts Master filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just picked up a few partsmaster cart. filters for 4 bucks (not bad)They are from the Auto Value Part Store chain.

They carry Wix filters, and say that their PM filters are made by wix. After getting a good look, I would have to say that they might be right. (I compared these side by side).

Anybody know for sure?

Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS
Wix has a plant in Poland, so it very well could be.

I'm hpoing that is a good sign....

Just be careful.....I called Partsmaster awhile back as I got one of their filters for my '08 Liberty. The filter I had received was made by Purolator. Later I got another one that looked like a Wix.

They confirmed that they did switch sources. So...just in case you get one that's been on-the-shelf for awhile.....don't be surprised....

Originally Posted By: Ranger1
Just be careful.....I called Partsmaster awhile back as I got one of their filters for my '08 Liberty. The filter I had received was made by Purolator. Later I got another one that looked like a Wix.

They confirmed that they did switch sources. So...just in case you get one that's been on-the-shelf for awhile.....don't be surprised....

Hmmm...I got three, and they all look like Wix filters. I got the chance to compare them next to the Wix. So far, so good. Though a purolator would be ok too.

Though thank you for the heads up...just another good reason to check the box before I leave...

After a little research, I found that they are made by Wix.(Mine are for sure)

Though a few filters they have are made by Purolator.

Their air filters are also made by Wix...something to look into...

There is an Auto Value a few miles from my house.
I have many parts from them over the years, and they always seem to be decent quality.
Much better than the junk at Autozone!

Originally Posted By: cronk
There is an Auto Value a few miles from my house.
I have many parts from them over the years, and they always seem to be decent quality.
Much better than the junk at Autozone!

It looks like they have Mann filters as well.

I wonder how good their morse brake products are....

PM filters seem to be good for the price...

I have the Parts Master Ceramic brake pads on my wifes 2000 Nissan Quest van. They are made by Morse, been on there almost 2 years.
We have been happy with them, they are quiet, and don't make alot of dust. The metallic pads tend to be a little noisy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back