Parker ht-1000 oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Exmark is a high end mower. The oil cost would be minimal in comparison.

Is it possible that very few if any owners like me would ever run it out to 1000 hrs?
I changed mine at 200 hrs.
All of the sales hype may just be a way to allow dealers a higher profit margin.
Many homeowners with small lawns buy commercial mowers and the real commercial companies I doubt will
Chance 1000 hour intervals.

Originally Posted by Zee09
Is it possible that very few if any owners like me would ever run it out to 1000 hrs?
I changed mine at 200 hrs.
All of the sales hype may just be a way to allow dealers a higher profit margin.
Many homeowners with small lawns buy commercial mowers and the real commercial companies I doubt will
Chance 1000 hour intervals.

So....... snake oil? Maybe I should do a VOA because I'm curious
I know marketing has alot to do with products and most homeowners wear the machine out before they can the transmissions.

You thought $55 a gallon was expensive? .........try this: https://www.dixiechopperpartsdistributors.com/903450-Fluid-Oil-HT-1000-Dixie-12x1-qt-case
crackmeup2.gif

That Dixie chopper company has lost their marbles......
So the general consensus is there is nothing to gain by using the parker ht-1000?
Also what about me using the motul ester race oil that every high temp high rpm race bike pretty much runs.....? Is that overkill? Extra protection? I got 120 hrs on this change and it's still clean and neon colored as the day I put it in.....

Originally Posted by Jmoney7269
As previously discussed lightly in this thread....
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...turn-parker-transmission-oil#Post4940098
Does anyone have any information or thoughts of what kind of fairy dust that a oil can make this hydro oil so special? It literally doubles any previous commercial change interval to 1000 hrs....... I'm all ears because I'm considering using it now....
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

This is a dedicated hydraulic oil for hydrostatic transmission use.
Being monograde at KV40*C of 126 cSt, it's more shear stable than multigrades xW50.
A typical oil change interval for hydraulic oil in a (400 hp construction machinery ) hydrostatic transmission is 2000 hours for mineral oils or 3000 -5000 hours for synthetic, I don't see why this Parker can't last 1000 hours unless the same oil sump is supplying oils to other gear train systems in your equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back