Pantera AS Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the market for new tires for my 2012 Focus 5 Door. Had an appointment for BFG T/A Sports in 215/50/17. Tires dismounted only to realize they had two of the 4 on hand. Shop didn't check physical inventory before starting the dismount.....

Shop is offering a huge deal on Pantera AS Sport tires. $97 a piece is the MSRP.

Appears to be a Sentury private label tire made in Thailand. Anyone have experience with these?

No personal experience but I would assume you could do way better. I wouldn't get sucked into a deal just going by price alone. They screwed up so the least they could do is offer you a deal on a similar name-brand tire.

Discount tire sells Sentury as the Sentury brand.

I have the AS's on my wife's Scion, and the UHP's on my sonata.

Both have been fine for a commuter car.

I think you can do better on price that is not a great deal.

The UHP's feel a lot like a Falken tire, but just my opinion.

As noted, Sentury is a brand sold by Discount Tire. It's usually their cheapest tire option. If you want to save money, look at a more established off brand, something like Nankang, Nexen or Sumitomo. Nankang and Sumitomo have been around for more than 50 years.

Tell them to put somebody in the parts truck and go get the other two tires they are supposed to have. Don't let them talk you into something you don't want because of their poor planning.

They should have other suppliers and be able to get the other 2 tires in a few hours. Like others have said, wait for the better ones.

There are a few hinky things about this transaction. Active duty, means this place deals with soldiers all the time. Super crude bait and switch tactic. Checking inventory is the first thing in the process. Have them re-mount your tires and go find a real tire shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back