Panasonic vs JVC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Panasonic can be hit and miss. I had two Panasonic VCR's that were junk. On the other hand my Panasonic DV Recorder is awesome. I have a JVC TV that I have had for over six years with no problems. The only thing I have ever owned from JVC is this TV. I can not give you a complete answer, but can say I have had good and bad luck with Panasonic.

It's hard to generalize (past a certain point, like avoid no-name Chinese junk) about specific manufacturers regarding their whole product line. I try to get some idea by looking at the Consumer Reports listings for similar models and how they have held up over years. And sometimes you find that a product rated best may not be best for whatever purpose you want. For instance, when I bought a 20 in. TV about 15 years ago Consumer Reports said the longest lasting tube for that size was the General Electric/RCA (not an intuitive choice) but that the sound from the speakers was not very good, so it was rated #2 on the list. The TV is still going strong. On the other hand, I had bought a Sylvania prior to that and I think it lasted 3 or 4 years. I had not read Consumer Reports then. So you might find that if you are planning on chucking the item after 3 or 4 years you really don't want long term reliability but other things instead. (The Sylvania was sucky all around, it had no excuse
rolleyes.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back