P2647 code

Status
Not open for further replies.
2005 Honda CR-V, 118,500 miles.

Yesterday, the windshield got smashed by a rock. Today, the VTEC sensor (voltage too high) code came on while on the highway. It immediately sent me into limp mode which wasn't all that fun at 60mph but I made it off. Shut it off, turned it back on, driveability is back. Code light still on.

How hard is it to get to this and replace it?

VTEC sensor is easy, it is on the back of the cylinder head and is integral with the oil pressure sending unit. Dealer should have in stock.

edit: Not integral with oil pressure switch, just come as a assembly with VTEC and oil sending unit.

Last edited:
Sometimes its the VTEC sensor but it can also be sludge in the valve and sensor causing a P2647.
There is a filter screen in the valve but the oil filter mounting pad passages to the valve can also be plugged.
How does it look through the filler cap opening?

This engine is spotless. Just had the valves done at 110k and my mechanic showed me how it looked, which was brand new metal shiny. No varnish whatsoever. Only synthetic 5w20 for the last 115k miles of it's life. I can't imagine it is sludge.

UPDATE:
Drove home today. First start of the day, check light was on. Got gas 10 minutes later, re-start, light was off and has stayed off. Issue seemed to resolve itself somehow. I'll keep you updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back