P1406 code, dpfe sensor has hole in it

I just got a P1406 code on my 2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. I went to look at the dpfe sensor and it was obvious a hole where the one hose connects to it. Looks like it could be breaking off. Obviously, the problem is the dpfe sensor needs to be replaced. The one connection is likely going to break off. What is the best way to remove that piece? Due to the age of the hose, I probably will replace, which aftermarket should go for? Is there a just as good or better aftermarket dpfe sensor vs. OEM?
Also, Ford says the part number DPFE4, whereas, a DPFE15 is what is in there.

When i had a ford escape, it used the same sensor. I tried the aftermarket and they would last 6 months to a year. Bought a fomoco part and never replaced it again.

If you have the larger plastic DPFE15 sensor.......That's what you need to replace it with as the smaller DPFE4 sensor has a different connector. Though they are functionally the same (1vdc Offset)

Ford part# F77Z-9J460-AB for the DPFE15 sensor.
Gates Part# 27079 for the 2 hoses, Cut them to length with a sharp razor blade.

If you have the larger plastic DPFE15 sensor.......That's what you need to replace it with as the smaller DPFE4 sensor has a different connector. Though they are functionally the same (1vdc Offset)

Ford part# F77Z-9J460-AB for the DPFE15 sensor.
Gates Part# 27079 for the 2 hoses, Cut them to length with a sharp razor blade.
I have already figured that I have to stick to the DPFE15, since that the DPFE4 plug won't fit. Really can't figure why Ford parts say that my vehicle takes the DPFE4. I have checked to see if the Sport Trac ever took the DPFE15 and saw that the early production of the 2001s did and they changed it over to the DPFE4 and all the first generation Sport Trac's called for the DPFE4. So why would a 2004 have a DPFE15? Vehicle is a one owner, my wife. So I know nothing has been done to that since the factory.

Back