Status
Not open for further replies.
DENSO Part # 2344205 Upstream
DENSO Part # 2344061 Downstream
101.35 Shipped

ULTRAPOWER Part # 2344205 Upstream
ULTRAPOWER Part # 2344061 Downstream
71.14 Shipped

So being that they are the same part number, can I assume the same sources makes them for both companies? They both have a year defective warranty.

I read somewhere that getting OEM equipment (Denso for the corolla) is more important because with oxygen sensor, even a slight different in voltage can cause differences in MPG and other issues?

I have used Denso oxygen sensor on my celica gt with great success but this order isn't for me but rather my sister and she would want to save money unless you guys believe that saving the $30 dollars is not worth it.

Thank You.

Well, all things being equal I would order the Denso. But where are you seeing those prices? On Amazon each one is only $52.

Companies share part numbers all the time instead of coming up with their own system. I would use the trusted Denso or something like NTK if available.

Denso. It's what I bought when replacing a Tacoma air/fuel ratio sensor through Amazon. Same as oe.

Might want to google 'ultrapower auto parts', and check out the first toyotanation entry.

I'd pay the extra and stick with Denso, which is more than likely the OE for the corolla anyway.

Or look for NTK (NGK), they're pretty good too and usually priced lower than Denso.

Denso makes very good products. I would be sure what you are purchasing has a plug that matches the one on your vehicle. I've read more that one post on Toyota Nation saying the plug on the new unit did not match. Regards

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Well, all things being equal I would order the Denso. But where are you seeing those prices? On Amazon each one is only $52.
lol that's for both man.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Might want to google 'ultrapower auto parts', and check out the first toyotanation entry.

lol that entry leads me to believe that I should take the risk b/c it might as well be denso!

I think I'm going to wait for 50 off 100 at AAP then get the sensors from them, AAP is no hassle around here in st. louis. where as ebay/rockauto are nothing but hassles if you have any issues that come up, amazon is pretty good at not annoying the customer, at least from my experience.

Last edited:
Ahha, got it. I was like, geez surely he isn't paying almost double
blush.gif

Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gt
Originally Posted By: kschachn
lol that's for both man.

Denso....

Try RockAuto, 10% off coupons exist, look in the coupon section...

Why the downstream?
It's usually the upstream that goes bad...

Originally Posted By: mattwithcats
Denso....

Try RockAuto, 10% off coupons exist, look in the coupon section...

Why the downstream?
It's usually the upstream that goes bad...

256k on the motor with probably the last 150kish burning oil, its getting terrible gas mileage and when i took off the upstream during the engine rebuild, it was full of carbon buildup and was cracked at one end, I have taken off a downstream O2 sensor in another corolla and my 01 celica gt, only to see the immense amount of carbon build up from all the oil burning, figured replacing it couldn't harm them as they were all original O2 sensor.

Yes there is a CEL for O2 sensor and catalytic convertor, I'm replacing them all.

Just buy Denso and be done with it. My 94 Corlla ran like a turd with a Bosch sensor and other Toyota owners have reported the same. Don't know who makes Ultrapower, but save yourself the headache.

Originally Posted By: Johnny248
Companies share part numbers all the time instead of coming up with their own system. I would use the trusted Denso or something like NTK if available.

Yeah this; I've gotten brake parts that have about 4 different part numbers from "real companies" on the box/bag, and the generic part is from none of them.

For an obvious example, look at a supertech oil filter that was champ labs but had fram numbering.

If you're fixing problems to help with selling the car, you should do it as cheaply as possible.

If you want to keep the car for any amount of time, spend a little more on quality parts. Its cheaper in the long run and means you don't have to go back and replace the 'cheap' part every year..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back