Buying a new O2 sensor - Rockauto vs. Amazon

Definitely RA, Autozone, AAP, etc. for important sensors since you are guaranteed authenticity.

Reactions: hrv
Even if it's a bit more money, would you want to deal with return/replacement and/or doing the job second time? Get the right part and get job done first time.

I have bought several automotive parts from (fulfilled by and sold by) Amazon and none gave any suspicion of being counterfeit, but I'd never buy from a 3rd party seller if I had other options, though I have also had good luck buying new old stock parts from smaller sellers with good ratings on eBay, but I don't do that often. YMMV.

I do trust Rock Auto a "little" bit more to not be outright counterfeit, but far more often from Rock Auto, I'll order something and get an "equivalent" substitution, and then their customer service is not nearly as good as Amazon's.

SO the lesson to me buying from Rock Auto especially (but also the other sellers) is to check the parts when they arrive, never waiting till you're doing the repair.

Honda OEM O2 sensors for the 2nd generation Odysseys are made by Denso. The Honda OEM and replacement dealer parts have the Denso marking stamped right on the housing. Bosch O2 sensors typically run like crap in Hondas. I've not ever encountered a counterfeit Denso O2 sensor from Amazon, but I can guarantee that any returns to Amazon (within 30 days) would be easier than Rockauto.

Last edited:
Reactions: hrv
I do trust Rock Auto a "little" bit more to not be outright counterfeit, but far more often from Rock Auto, I'll order something and get an "equivalent" substitution, and then their customer service is not nearly as good as Amazon's.

SO the lesson to me buying from Rock Auto especially (but also the other sellers) is to check the parts when they arrive, never waiting till you're doing the repair.
A few years back, I bought a bunch of parts from RA needed to do a timing belt change on my NSX. Sadly, they sat on a shelf for over a year before I got to it. When I did, I discovered some belts were incorrect. I emailed RA and explained that I really should have checked this earlier, I realize I'm way past any reasonable timeframe for help, etc... and... they sent me new belts.

Back