Overfilled oil! Should I drain some, or redo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so part of it was my mistake. I had done the oil change enough times I thought it was 5L of oil, but it is 4.5L. No biggie, as you say. When I changed it, I let it drain for about an hour to be sure the extra oil wouldn't throw off my numbers. So 5L in a 4.5L shouldn't be a big deal, as you say.

Also, I had to change my dipstick last time because the original one was falling apart and was missing an o-ring. Went to AutoZone and they gave me one. I'm thinking it may just be incorrectly specced.

I'm thinking the shaking may have been related to me unplugging my battery to recalibrate the climate control servos. I did this while doing the oil change. It seems like some timings generally have to readjust when I unplug the battery. Also, the AC is completely disabled because i had it evacuated to prepare for changing the compressor. I notice many cars seem to be a little inconsistent if they are idling and have no load.

So I'll keep an eye out for any funny business with the engine. I'm hoping it isn't anything major.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back