out for a stroll look what I found ( I SPY )

Status
Not open for further replies.
1368312575.JPG

1368312776.JPG

1368312646.JPG

1368312835.JPG

1368312948.JPG

1368312899.JPG

probably to the north- west of oil nerd !!
smirk.gif

Happy hunting ALL!
Mike Z

I used to work on "B" model Macks.....triple-countershaft duplex transmissions, dry-sleeve (IIRC) 673 engines.....they were built better than tanks.

I was in Plattsburg last January (looking at the state University with my daughter..they have a good nursing program).
It's a nice little town but cold...

What year is that truck (approx.)?

PS: My daughter decided on SUNY at Brockport which is near Rochester (also very cold)....

I love the old mack.

Is it at an old work site? Any other buildings or equipment in the same area? The woods are sure taking it over.

I know people that collect & restore B-models. Seriously, it may be worth investigating. At the very least look around and see if somebody wants it.

Not sure why, but every time I see something like this, I wish that I could fix it up back to original condition. I love seeing old things like this.

Great find OP and thanks for the photos!

Originally Posted By: yucca
I love the old mack.

Is it at an old work site? Any other buildings or equipment in the same area? The woods are sure taking it over.

Its been there over 20 yrs ..my father reminded me of that , was in an open field about 20 feet from the road. You have to know that it was there or you wouldn't even see it very well. No other buildings just a residence and a small snack bar. she's burried up to the axels There's a Shield Bantam crane on the back still has the engine in it. I can post some pics.

Mike Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back